March 29, 2011

Blessed Birthday

Yesterday I celebrated my "quarter of a century" birthday. And even though it rained and barely reach sixty degrees...it was the BEST birthday ever! My boss and co-workers surprised me with breakfast and not one, but TWO birthday cakes. Yum! One was a delicious red velvet cake and the other was a Reese's cake. worth every calorie!



Reese's Candy Bar Cake
To make my day even brighter, they turned lunch into a pizza party. Ha! We party kindergarten style, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Doesn't it touch your heart when people show you that they care in the simplest way? 

And even though my hubby and I were celebrating my birthday all weekend (the most awesome fabric shopping spree ever), he took me to my fave new restaurant.

Fabric Preview


Best Southern-Style Mexican Food Around

They have to-die-for Peruvian shrimp tacos and their margaritas
aren't bad either. {wink}
What has been your favorite birthday so far?

8 comments:

  1. that cake look so good momo sent me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am your newest follower "MoMo sent me" TFS Traci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! That cake looks interesting... Wasn't it extremely sweet though?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Louana! The cake was decadent to say the least. It was chocolate (i'm usually not a fan of chocolate cake) with whipped cream, crumbled pieces of Reese's and caramel sauce. And it's all gone. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a tough question...I guess it would be my 30th. My hubby threw a little surprise party for me, my whole family was there, and I was pregnant with my youngest daughter. I was (and now am even more) blessed! Isn't is awesome when our hubbys enable us!?!?! I am a new follower, sent by the fabulous Momo! I love your blog, I am so glad Momo is doing this! I am following a ton of awesome blogs now! Would be so blessed if you would stop by my blog at www.scrappingmamahen.blogspot.com
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following me. I'm now your newest follower =) Momo sent me.

    Thanks...Stacy
    http://www.mycraftingtime.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My best birthday was my 30th. My husband and my best friend threw me a roller skating party at the local roller rink. It had a 70's theme (since I was born in the 70's) and had great 70's music playing. I had friends and family there that I hadn't seen in the longest time. It was so much fun!! Thanks for letting me share. Your blog is fabulous!! The fabulous Momo sent me and I’m a new follower :)
    ~ Lu
    http://www.craftingwithlu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. A belated happy birthday! Just joined your followers
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete