July 6, 2011

Windowshop Wednesday Link-up

I'm linking up with The Katie Chronicles this week for Windowshop Wednesday! Every week, Katie features a different shop and a wishlist from said store on her blog. This week she has chosen to feature Etsy.(Angelic voices in 3,2,1...Ahhhhh!)

I'll probably shock everyone with this but here goes: 
Mike and I don't own wedding bands

Who's cringing? Raise your hand, its okay. I get a lot of... *clutches heart*..."what do you mean, you don't have wedding rings?"

For me, it isn't a big deal. I'm not a jewerly girl and I'd rather have something like a new sewing machine instead. While Mike and I were planning our wedding the one thing that we forgot about was buying wedding bands. Yeah, I know. Two days before the wedding we had that "oh snap" (well "oh $#i*" is more accurate) moment when we were typing out the program. Because it was only two days before the wedding, it was too late to get "actual" wedding bands so we headed to the mall. I found a really pretty costume ring that was $7 (and passable as real) and Mike found one that was $40, so we were set for the ring exchange. LOL. At the wedding, no one could tell the difference! My mom fell over laughing when I told her.

My wishlist is an ode to wedding bands:

Hammered 14k Palladium White Gold

The Giving Tree Wedding Band


Double Fingerprint Tip Wedding Band
Platinum and Diamond Eternity Band


Heirloom Petals Ring

The Love Nest

Oh yeah, Mike lost his ring in the ocean while we were on the second day of our honeymoon. I lost mine a couple months later. But we keep finding more love. That was cheesy, sorry! Ha!



What's on your wishlist?

4 comments:

  1. Um, I'm officially in love with the hammered palladium ring. ::swoon::

    Thanks so much for joining up with us this week, can't wait to check out the rest of your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new camera! My adorable boyfriend broke the old one!! I really love it that you guys don't need a ring to prove your love! I appreciate love in general!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the fingerprint ones. :) wedding planning was such a crazy blur, i'm surprised i was able to remember anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this story! I think I love even more that you guys managed to lose your rings & not really care! :)

    I've always jokingly said I want at least 5 carats to get married, but that is so ridiculous and I'd probably never wear the ring for fear of losing it!!

    ReplyDelete