August 4, 2011

A Day in My Life

The prompt for the Inspiration Workshop this week is A DAY IN MY LIFE. I paused over this one and thought "should I go there", "how do I go there" and finally decided to give it a whirl. My hesitations stem from the fact that I work at a university and South Carolina is an "at will" state. Which means you can get the ax if you aren't careful, and I kinda need money. I have a lot of work days that are stressful for reasons that are just...petty. And then there are days (few and far between) where I leave work with my salvation firmly in place. But the bright side of my day is 5:30 when I get to see my handsome hubby and wonder pup! 
We were walking past a kiddie swimming lesson. She refused to leave until she knew what was happening. Ha!
 I usually take Shira out after work because I'm already sweaty from the gym. After my little girl and I get back to the apartment, Mike and I spend quality time together. We always have awesome conversations but our new way to bond is over "The Avengers" cartoon. Mike is an illustrator and has dreams of doing only comic work one day! (fingers crossed) I really like the show and almost hate to admit it because I put up such a fuss when we first started watching it. For those of you who may not know Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Ant Man and Wasp are the original Avengers. Hulk is my favorite because he smashes things. I'm way too controlled to ever smash anything so I respect that about him. LOL

When Mike throws on his ipod or goes into his studio to sketch I start sewing. I've been obsessed with making headbands lately. I cut four inches of hair off recently, so my hair is much shorter. I plan on using these headbands as a distraction for my short curly hair because I have a serious curly fro right now. I'm on my natural hair journey,which means I dont chemically straighten my hair anymore, and am letting my natural kinky/curly/coily hair grow. I just woke up one morning and felt as though too much of my life was processed. Before Mike and I have kids I want to have our lifestyle be as natural as possible for us. We don't want to grow our family for another few years, so we have plenty of time to work on it because I love Cheetos.
I cannot believe that I'm posting a pic of my naked face. Eek!
I heart big hair, so hopefully mine will be close to this next year. A girl can only dream.
 I guess that I'm just finding inspiration from trying new things. I may just leave the clippers alone for a while though.
Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!
Have you tried something new lately?

6 comments:

  1. Your new do looks totally awesome!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm cheetos!! love the new hair do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE big hair, too. :) I love yours! Headbands are an awesome way to accessorize the shortness, too. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm....I like au natural though :) I appreciate for the girls who brave to show their face without make up. I know some people I know were insecure to have their picture posted without make up....but you arent'! and you are beautiful!!!I like your pretty face =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hair! You're gorgeous girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i cant WAIT until i get big hair too :)

    ReplyDelete