August 11, 2011

Inspiration Workshop: Gardening

The prompt for this weeks' Inspiration Workshop is Gardening
When I was little, I had an obsession for the movie "The Secret Garden". Every time I watched the movie I would get so jealous that I didn't have such a lovely area in my backyard. After listening to me go on and on about how we didn't have pretty flowers, my mom bought me supplies so that I could plant a few. I thought that I was one step closer to my garden, but then I learned something about myself a few weeks later...I do NOT have a green thumb. I still have no clue if I over watered the tulips or if I didn't add enough fertilizer. Either way, nothing sprouted.
My dream house would have a backyard garden made for hosting parties (and a gardener). Could you imagine having a daughter and throwing tea parties in some of these gardens? I sure can!  
                                     Source: adiaryoflovely.blogspot.com via Whitney on Pinterest

                               Source: sunnypeaches.blogspot.com via Whitney on Pinterest

                                 Source: styleessentials.tumblr.com via Whitney on Pinterest


                                      Source: themarionhousebook.com via Martha on Pinterest


Do you have any gardening tips or horror stories?
Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

7 comments:

  1. I love these pictures!
    If I had a garden like this, I think I'd be sleeping outside some nights!

    - stopping by from gussy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun photos!

    Stopping by from Gussy

    ReplyDelete
  3. UMM okay I have a garden horror story....because I really really hate creepy crawly bugs, one day while weeding my garden I came across a GRUB! I totally freaked ie: screaming, crying, and doing a weird scared dance....GRUBS ARE GROSS! Ha sorry...your post is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know I also LOVE The Secret Garden!!! Such a magical book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! Stopping by from Gussy Sews!

    ReplyDelete