August 17, 2011

{Yummy Bites & City Lights w/ Nicole}

Hey, Earl-Leigh Designs readers! 
I’m Nicole and I’m the gal behind the blog, Bloom.

IMG_4487

I’m a member of the 20 Something Bloggers community (And if you’re a 20 something blogger, you should be, too!) and this is my very first “blog swap”.

I signed up having no idea what kind of blogger I would be swapping with, and I would be lying if I told you I wasn’t nervous.  But, the minute my partner was posted and I clicked my way over to Earl’s blog my fears faded.  Earl seems like a sweet, fun-loving gal and I’m so honored to get to post for her today!
So, the theme of this blog swap is Summer.  And, really, who doesn’t love summer?
erinis badge (1)

I’m a travel lover.  I’d rather live in a tiny house and travel the world than live in a gigantic mansion and never leave my hometown.  This summer, I got the chance to take several fun trips, but my favorite being New York City.  This wasn’t my first time in the Big Apple, but it was one of my favorite trips to date!  Here are a few highlights:

1.  Checking out 9/11 memorabilia. 

IMG_4079-2

IMG_4080

IMG_4081

2.  Seeing the city from a bird’s eye view.

IMG_4138

IMG_4142-2

IMG_4173

3.  Enjoying yummy snacks.

IMG_4240

IMG_4398

IMG_4417

4.  Taking in the sights.

IMG_4098

IMG_4119-2

IMG_4205-2

5.  Being there with my guy.

IMG_4109

DSCN3121

IMG_4410

It was a beautiful trip and one that I will treasure forever!  But, I didn’t post on Earl’s blog today just to tell you about my fun, Summer trip.  I want to encourage you to get out there.  Money may be tight and your schedule may be packed, but get out there.  There is so much for us to take in and experience right in our own backyard.  Do you live in a town that does a free concert series?  Go!  Are you near a local farmer’s market?  Check it out!  There is so much for you to experience without having to jump on a plane and spend a load of cash.  You can try something new, fun, and exciting right where you live.  All you have to do is open your eyes to the experiences around you!

If you want more details about my trip to NYC, I talked about it HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE.

Thanks for having me, Earl and Earl-Leigh Design readers!

Thank you for visiting Nicole! You are welcome back anytime...especially if you bring more cupcakes!-Earl

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having me, Earl! I had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete