September 22, 2011

Inspiration Workshop: Family Room

I've been mentioning home decor and redecorating more on here lately, so it seemed like this week's Inspiration Workshop! prompt was made for me. Mike and I spent three whole hours furniture shopping on Sunday before we found a couch that we both liked. I know that some people are thinking, "crazy girl, keep looking!". But...I just can't do it. LOL. Testing couches is way more exhausting than I thought it would be. (not to mention how picky BOTH of us were. Whaaat?!.) We're hoping to have the couch delivered to the apartment on Saturday morning. It's a cushy, chocolate brown couch that was built for snuggling, video game playing, and movie watching. So long Mr. Futon! I don't have any pictures of our undecorated living space, but as we turn it into a room that reflects our love and personality I will definitely share! Until then, here are some pretty family rooms that have cool, eclectic vibes.




The last one is pretty much a dream! Mike would not be a fan of that much pink, but I think its darling!

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!
Come Link-up!
What is your decorating style?

12 comments:

  1. I am way excited to see your finished room. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The framed picture in the middle is awesome! What a way to brighten any room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all those pics! The colors are wonderful! Even the pink ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to sneak pink in with my hubby too - he won't have much of it either ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeay for a new couch! can't wait to see pictures of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I go through spurts of pink, honestly. Sometimes I'm all about the pink, and sometimes I wonder what the heck I was thinking!

    But, I do love the second picture with the tea set! Yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so fun ... love all the splashes of color .. and love your blog ... i'm now your newest follower ... coming over from gussy sews!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all those inspiration pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These rooms are so fun! The last one is my fave!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your choices!! Love that last one! :) Thanks for retweeting today-- you're a rockstar!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the top two photos. we are going to be shopping for a new couch soon too....didn't really think about having the hubby "try it out" I was gong to purchase on style alone! lol! ay have to rethink my approach!

    ReplyDelete