January 12, 2012

In The Kitchen With Mike

The Mister and I have been working on being healthier, so I decided to share a yummy spin on the classic chicken salad. Also, before a certain someone leaves a sassy comment, Mike did everything as I watched. I served the wine though...that counts right? Hehe!

Beer Can Chicken Salad

Ingredients:
2 Chicken Breasts 
Lettuce of Choice (we used mixed leafy goodness)
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 TBSP Beer Can Chicken seasoning (we used Weber brand)
2 cups of Broccoli
Tomatoes
Croutons
Seasoned Rice Vinegar

Directions:
Season chicken with beer can seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook the chicken on each side for 7-10 minutes or until cooked through. We used a griddle, but a skillet will work too. Cut the chicken into 3/4 inch to 1 inch cubes. In a large bowl, you will toss the tomatoes, croutons, lettuce and broccoli  with 3 to 4 tablespoons of rice vinegar. Dish it up and add chicken as desired. Mike and I had an entire breast amount left  to use for lunch the following day. 

Viola! Fast, easy and only 250 calories per serving. 

I'm almost ashamed to show y'all what mine looked like because I'm such a picky eater..but here goes:
My salad without tomatoes and croutons came to roughly 190 calories. I'm a texture eater and I don't like the way tomatoes burst in your mouth. Is anyone else like that?  

Happy Thursday!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Oh no, has someone been leaving you sassy comments?! I've been away from reading blogs for several months, but I'm back now. =)

    I also don't like the way that tomatoes burst in my mouth. I also have lots of texture issues when it comes to food, so I'm a pretty picky eater, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I am totally going to make this. I've never heard of beer can seasoning. Can I find that in the grocery store?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! I'm not that big a fan of tomatoes either--they have to be exactly the right ripeness for me to like them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks DELICIOUS!
    Cute blog! (:


    PS: I saw that you had entered a giveaway for MyMemroies Design Software in the past! I just thought I'd let you know, that I'm doing a giveaway for the software, as well! Feel free to enter at http://allaboutalynne.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-memories-software-giveaway.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks and sounds so yummy!!! I'm actually doing a recipe post today =)

    ReplyDelete