January 31, 2012

Valentine's Confession

Confession:
 The Boy has to drag my butt out of the apartment to celebrate Valentine's Day every year.

Our first Valentine's Day together was when we were still in college and I gave him the choice of taking me to Cici's Pizza or Waffle House when he asked. Period. His buddies gave him a hard time about it because they were taking their dates to expensive (for college kids) dinners and our date would cost less than $20. I told him no candy, no flowers, a card if he wanted. I love cards. Its an obsession.

He was such an awesome boyfriend year round that I found it silly to place a great importance on THAT day. Every year since then, because he insists on taking me out, we alternate between Cici's Pizza (they have delicious cinnamon rolls) and Waffle House because I love waffles. We always have a great time in each other's company at our little spots and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

Hey Boy! If you're reading this, I heard that a lot of stores sell beer bouquets this time of the year. WANT. Just a small one though...'cuz I'm a lady. Ha!

Do y'all have any sassy plans for the holiday?

 Happy Tuesday!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Driving to Disney World! And a Valentine's Day post that has more to do with my feminist tendencies than Valentine's Day!

    I totally agree with you about CiCi's cinnamon rolls, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I don't care to get anything expensive or have the most romantic date. Little things matter to me most so this tradition you have is just great. I did a post on Valentines Day gifts but I haven't even celebrated Valentines day in years. Of course I spoil my girls on this day but I never get anything or even care to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww! I so love this! we don't have any big plans. and I don't expect anything either. I made sure I bought all the kiddos a little something... but no big date night for us. My honey is so good to me all the time and I couldn't ask for any more from him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I am so tickled at you right now. A beer bouquet? I must see this. Might need one for hubby. :) My single, solitary Valentines Day wish every year is a box of Godiva chocolate covered strawberries. Doesn't matter how many are in the box, but I must have at least two. Hubs has never let me down.

    ReplyDelete