February 28, 2012

Get Fit Chick- Check In #4

                                         Source: startinganewleaf.tumblr.com via Whitney on Pinterest


I broke my plateau! I've lost a total of 5 pounds and 2 inches since I started my fitness journey last month. That means I have a few more to go before I can buy my new gym bag. *happydance happydance*

Last night, Mike and I did our second "fit test" and I was shocked at the results. During the workouts, I feel like a loser. There are times when I have to take a breather and I just never feel that I'm doing a good enough job. Y'all I kicked some booty last night. I improved by double in some of the workouts like the side planks. But that just means I have to work even harder in order to get a better number next time. Being awesome has its downside. Ha!

We took our measurements and man are we getting beefy. I have a mesomorph body type, which means I look like She Hulk when I work out a lot. Let me tell ya, my biceps have GROWN because of those dang push-ups, push-up jacks, v push-ups and moving push-ups. Yes, moving push-ups because just doing the normal ones aren't hard enough in Shaun T's opinion. My thighs have grown a little too, which is the opposite of what I'd like but they're more muscular so I guess that works too.
Because I love y'all...here's a picture of me post workout...looking like a hot sweaty mess. You're welcome. Ha!

Happy Tuesday!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. keep kicking butt! i've been inspired by all this to make some healthier habit changes in my life. Not going all insane workouts, but definitely working on making some better choices. And we are starting off small, by just walking in the evenings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go! will you share more recipes please?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i like the picture :)
    it good you making progress.. and ever better you're not giving up. i love exercising coz i love pushing myself when it gets hard and my body hurts, it makes me feel like am archeiving somethin.. like am stronger than the pain and the difficulty.. and well, there is the staying fit part of it :)
    Keep up with the good work, it sounds pretty great already :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! Good job! I'm jealous that you can bulk up, I've been trying for months to gain muscle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I am a new GFC follower. I found you on a grow your blog hop. I would love for you to stop by my site and return the favor and follow me back as well. If you are interested also check out our current giveaways. We have something for everyone right now.
    Thanks a lot!
    http://www.chunkyandmonkeymd.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow..you look great!!!! good for you! it is worth the effort, isn't it?!!
    i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete