February 2, 2012

Get Fit Chick

Day 2 of February Photo A Day- "Words"
One of my personal goals for the year is to get fit and live a healthier life. Don't worry, I'm not going completely granola and no cupcakes on y'all...I just want to keep the muffin tops on the plate and not hanging from the sides of my pants. Ha!

Because I suffered from disordered eating in my adolescence and into college, "dieting" and exercise is HARD. Not even gonna lie. I know how the weight comes off when engaging in those unhealthy behaviors, but I now realize the impact it can have on my health. And not only my health, but my sense of self worth as well. Slipping back into those behaviors can be easy so I'm always conscious of what I'm doing. Am I spending too much time focusing on calories? How many times have I weighed myself this week/month?

I'm learning how to lose weight the healthy way so getting positive comments randomly through the day helps to keep me on my path.

I recently found some great accountability buddies over at MyFitnessPal.com which is great because I've technically had an (unused) account with them for about a year. I couldn't process the idea of having a stranger know all of my dietary and exercise business. I thought that it was just plain weird...until I bit the bullet. Y'all, The Boy is great at encouraging me but its good to have outside support also. One of my new fitness buddies is Jessica who blogs over at Morrison Lane. This lady is funny and a calorie burning demon. 

Are any of y'all on myfitnesspal.com? If so, feel free to add me (carolinasudduth) as a buddy if you want! 

Happy Thursday!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I'm working on being healthier too. I used to have disordered eating too, and once I stopped, I gained a lot of weight through drinking and eating crap that I hadn't let myself have in years. When I started dating Anthony I got healthier, but it wasn't until I quit my job last year that I got really serious about being healthy. I've found that with my personality I just CAN'T not obsess a little, so I let myself obsess with building muscle and healthier foods. I used to use Spark People when I was trying to lose weight, but they don't have much in the way of maintaining/muscle building and I haven't found anywhere that really does... But I do http://bodyrock.tv about 3 times a week, with weight training another 2 days, and I can eat loads of food (healthy, mostly) and I LOVE how strong I'm getting. It's a new, much healthier obsession for me.
    Anyhow, that turned into a ramble, but I wanted to wish you good luck on your goals! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone seems to be getting fit by eating healthier and exercising. I swear this is my goal every year and I do nothing about it. I don't even own a pair of tennis shoes to even work out in so that will be my first purchase. I must check out this site to see what it's all about. I really love that you shared such a personal side to your blog and I'm sure many can relate to you. Good luck to you with getting fit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a ton of calories to burn that's why I burn soooo many. But hey, the kardashians gotta have someone to watch their show for like an hour straight so might as well be me on the treadmiill!

    It's fun watching everyone progress and get healthy!!! Thanks for the love girl. Are you on twitter, cause we so needa be friends!

    ReplyDelete