February 12, 2012

Sew Easy Sunday: 15 Minute Belt

Hey everyone! I called this the "15 Minute Belt", but it can actually be done in about 5-10 minutes depending on how fast you sew. 

Measure a piece of fabric that is the length of your waist plus one inch. The width will depend on what size your d rings are. Mine were 1 1/2 inches, so my fabric was 2 1/2 inches wide. 

Fold the fabric in half. Top-stitch the open side with a 1/4 inch seam allowance. Back-stitch both ends to keep them secure.

Once you have sewn the tubular fabric, turn it right side out. Take your fabric through the d ring, and fold the edge in once.

Stitch fabric in place. Repeat on the other end. 

And you're done. I love wearing these simple belts with skirts and dresses. If you want to take it up a notch, make a quilted belt or add a bow. I love big bows. I hope that you enjoy!

If you have any requests for a "Sew Easy Sunday" project, comment below or shoot me an email. 

Happy Sunday!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I can't wait to make one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Can't wait to see what else you share. I want to learn how to sew.

    ReplyDelete