February 26, 2012

Sew Easy Sunday: Kitchen Towel Refashion

The Boy doesn't understand spending money on cute kitchen accessories. Everything needs to have a purpose, and does not need frills. That's his logic, not mine. I say bring on the ruffles, the glitter and sequins!. (because that's completely necessary. ha!)


Supplies:
Two kitchen towels
Needle
Thread
*Sewing machine (you can do this by hand)

I started with two simple kitchen towels. I wish the camera picked up the true color, they're actually turquoise. Anyway...


Cut one of the towels into 2 inch wide strips, lengthwise.

Pin strips into place, ruffling as you go along.


Top stitch the ruffled layers into place.

Done! Do you like my kitchen assistant? He's really cute.


I hope that you found this helpful. If you have any questions, shoot me an email or leave a comment below.

Happy Sunday!

Have you entered the Clothed in Hope giveaway yet?

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea! These would make wonderful gifts for newly weds. Thanks for sharing and I totally agree ruffles and bling are good things.

    ~Tami
    scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! And I think I might love your kitchen assistant:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and simple! LOVE it!

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable! you make ruffles look so easy!!! :)

    p.s. i love your gnome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous project!!!
    Thank you for linking up, hope you will stop by my blog today and link up another great project...
    Claire xox
    http://polkadot-pretties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete