February 5, 2012

Sew Easy Sunday

I got a lot of positive reception on my hair bow from my "twit pic" post, so I'm showing y'all one way I like to make my favorite accessory.

I like to sew 1/4" away from the border, starting in the middle of one of the longer sides. 
You have to turn the fabric inside out, so you'll want to keep a one inch opening when you get back to your starting point.  
See how I'm able to fit two fingertips in the opening?
Now turn the bow inside out...
Close the opening with a slip stitch, or you can use a straight stitch along the top if you don't mind seeing some thread.
Fold the other piece of fabric in half and sew it into a tube.
Pull the fabric "in" at the middle to form the bow shape.
Wrap the tubular fabric around the bow once. Add your alligator clip or bobby pin. Wrap the tube around once more. Secure the back with fabric glue or a series of small stitches.
Done, son! Wear it. 

If you have any questions, comment below or shoot me an email
Happy Sunday!

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Ooh lovely! :D definitely trying this when I've finished my fabric-buying-spree later in the week! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I really love that bow! So cute! :)

    Just dropping by from Hollie's #FF.
    Holly
    http://adventuresofholly.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww that's cute :)

    thanks for sharing

    Claire xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! But your hair is über cute too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this! Thanks for the tutorial. It's about time I dusted off my machine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What i don't understood is in truth how you are now not actually a lot more smartly-appreciated than you might be now. You're so intelligent. You already know thus considerably on the subject of this subject, produced me personally consider it from a lot of various angles. Its like men and women don't seem to be involved except it's something to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your personal stuffs great. Always care for it up!
    SANYO MCD-XJ790 - PORTABLE CD RADIO CASSETTE RECORDER PLAYER CD-R/CD-RW/CD AM/FM STEREO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! This would be so cute on a baby headband too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous post,
    Thank you for linking your post up! , hope you will stop by today and link up another great post!!
    http://polkadot-pretties.blogspot.com/
    See you there
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete