March 6, 2012

Get Fit Chick- Check In #5

                                           Source: pictureperfectbodywerkit.tumblr.com via Whitney on Pinterest

Hey y'all! Last night marked week four of "Insanity" for The Boy and I. I did not think that I would make it this far. Next week is the " Insanity recovery week" so we're doing a new set of exercises that we've never seen before. That scares me. I haven't weighed myself because...I'm slack. I know. But, I did measure and found that I've lost another inch from my waist. That means I'm now 5lbs and 3 inches less than the beginning of this journey.

I want to lose 3 more inches from my waist so I can do this:
                                                      Source: swimwearworld.com via Whitney on Pinterest

Ha! Don't we all look so glamorous while we're posing on the beach? But for serious...I really want that bikini.

The Boy turned into a dang drill sergeant last week. There were some days when I was not feeling Shaun T at all. I was pretty much at the point of "praying the weight away" and eating nothing but salads for the rest of my life. I piddled about on Friday and Mike launched into "you're just wasting your time if you're not going to take this seriously". I stuck my tongue out, rolled my eyes and danced like a character from Charlie Brown as a response.  

The Boy is seeing some results, but not as many as he would like so I've been looking into clean eating. Eating clean is healthy for your body because you're cutting a lot of the processed stuff from your diet. I haven't committed to this idea yet because I like bakeries, but we're trying it out. I've found some yummy, clean recipes that I cannot wait to share.

Are you on a fitness or healthy lifestyle journey?

(Lindsey C. and Karen H. are the winners of the "Clothed in Hope" giveaway. I'm shooting you two ladies an email.)

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I'm trying some small things like drinking water all day and limiting myself to one soda. I'm eating breakfast every morning - I've never been a breakfast eater. And doing healthy snacks and a healthy lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you posted this just for me. Even if you didn't and I'm sure you didn't I'm going to take it that way and start getting fit. Reading the first picture was all I needed. Baby steps for me but I'm going to make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We eat clean most of the time (5+ days a week). It's not as hard as you would think! We eat mainly meat/veggies and have a little dairy (it upsets Anthony's stomach and makes me a snotty mess) and a little bit of grains (which really bloat me, so I eat even less). I occasionally miss eating bread, but since I allow myself to eat "unclean" one day a week, it's not a big deal and I don't feel deprived. We might see faster results with even cleaner eating, but it's hard to maintain if you're going to a party or something, so we don't sweat it. We feel much better without having so many grains and other processed foods in our diets!

    ReplyDelete