April 24, 2012

Get Fit Chick #12

We did it! The Boy and I made it through Insanity! We're not done though because fitness is a lifestyle, so its onward and upward for us.

The Boy lost 15lbs and about 6inches all over. I lost 10lbs, 5inches and my biceps grew...which is a good thing. My quads are more muscular, so I'm thinking about buying cute shorts for the summer. I NEVER wear shorts unless I'm working out or cleaning. I know that I said that I was going to get a new gym bag when I lost 10lbs, but I kinda want some new cross training shoes instead. I'm thinking...black and pink.

We're going to start ChaLean Extreme next week if we get our weights/resistance bands in time. I'm really excited for the change of pace! I was never  into strength training  but seeing my muscles develop through Insanity has me HYPED. ChaLean Extreme has three main phases that are broken into 30 day blocks: Burn, Push and Lean. There is also a Lean For Life phase that you can do after the 90 day program.

My goals:
INNER thighs...they won't go away! I'm not talking..."i must have a thigh gap"...either. My inner thighs have always been my problem area so I'm going to work on toning them more.

Running. I have never in my life been a runner, but it's something that I've been feeling drawn to lately. Because ChaLean Extreme is 35-45 minutes, The Boy and I will have time to run after work. He's going to be my trainer because he used to run for the fun of it until his knee got injured. This is the most exciting part...

I'm going to train to do my first 5k EVER and its the Color Run! I cannot wait. If you live in the Southeast, there's a Color Run happening in Charlotte, NC on October 27th! I should be ready by then.

I'm going to do a short review on Insanity next week for anyone who may be interested. =) Pictures are coming next week also! Don't worry, I wont be in a bikini. Ha!

Happy Tuesday!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. congrats!!!! Good for you two! Keep it up =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! That is awesome all of the improvements you saw in 90 days, I can't wait to see how ChaLean goes for you! I know what you mean about the inner thigh thing. My mom passed them down to me, and they suck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo so proud of you. Keep it up. I'm doing the Color run in Portland too, ours is in Sept.

    Tab
    my-cliffnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are Insanity! (oh, I'm so funny, I know) Would love to hear your review.. hooray on your results!! I kinda abandoned my fitness/getting lean plans.. oops...

    Yeay for doing your first 5k!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wish we could do the color run together!!! that looks like so much fun!!! congrats on your progress! you're so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. we are going to do the color run too! it looks so fun!!! i cant wait! (and this is jessica at morrison lane, i am signed in under my other name...i am mysterious like that!)

    ReplyDelete