April 3, 2012

Get Fit Chick: Raleigh Edition

The Boy, Shira and I went to Raleigh, North Carolina for an extended weekend to celebrate my birthday and plan for the future. I'm excited to say that we loved the Raleigh/Durham area. They have tons of galleries which is great for my artist hubby. We spent more time in downtown Raleigh than downtown Durham so I liked it more. The Boy and I don't really have a bar/restaurant that we call ours in our current city and I SO want that. Ha! Maybe I watch too much "How I Met Your Mother" but I really want a spot. I'm ready to move now, heck I didn't want to come back to South Carolina!

Because it was my birthday trip and North Carolina has breweries out the wazoo... this girl came back with a little more weight than she left with. Only one pound though! Our hotel room didn't allow enough space for "Insanity" so the only exercise we got was from walking around the mall and the cities. Because y'all are my accountability buddies I'm going to be real and show you some of what I consumed.

Bad Penny Brown Ale from the Big Boss Brewing Co was my favorite local beer.


The Boy decided to dress like me and wear a gray v-neck. Hehe.

This is where Shaun T would start smacking the hell out of us.

Mustard greens, coleslaw, bbq and garlic fries? Why, yes and thank you!

Every birthday girl is entitled to a little cake. Tyler's Restaurant and Taproom makes the best Dulce de Leche Cheesecake ever! 

This is just a gratuitous picture of Shira saying "no more pictures". She must have thought the flash was on but I love this face. Silly pup. 

Do you stay disciplined when you go out of town? Or do you go food crazy like us?

Happy Tuesday!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!

    We typically have a cheat meal every week--if you restrict your calories a cheat meal is actually helpful because it keeps your body from going into starvation mode. It also helps because you know that you can eat what you want at some point!

    I would like to eat everything you ate in this post. haha

    I'm tracking my calories again much more closely because I'm trying to trim down this month--I'm 2 days in and it's no fun. I liked last month better when I got to eat excess calories (still healthy) in order to build muscle. /sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Ummm, that all looks delicious! And it's okay to cheat for your Birthday... I say so!!! Hello, Shira -- you are stinkin' adorbs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayyy!!! I'm happy you had a great trip and a pound isn't so bad! It's your birthday-- you can eat what you want! you look so cute in that picture soo.

    i love going out to eat. when you're on a trip-- you have to do it up!

    How did I not know you had a westie? Shira is ADORABLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum Yum Yum!! Happy Birthday! I agree you have to indulge just a bit on vaca and on your birthday =)

    Glad you enjoyed it! We also love brewery's and gastro pubs. We're such hipsters lol! Oh and HIMYM is one of our FAV shows too =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shaun T never has any fun! Or eats anything, or seems to have body fat! Ass! Happy Birthday and it looks like you had a great trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I go food crazy when I'm on vacation. The trick is to only have a couple of bites and then toss the rest. Or in my case, pass it to the hubbs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umm... I don't have to go out of town to go food crazy... just sayin'

    I am pretty much OUT-of-C.O.N.T.R.O.L when I'm on holiday... I pretty just eat/drink/buy anything I want... it's crazy talk!!

    Looks like you had a fab weekend, Happy Birthday!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday! Everything looks so delicious! Your dog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete