May 15, 2012

Get Fit Chick: Insanity

The Boy and I have been done with Insanity for a few weeks now (woot woot!) so I can give my full opinion of the program. 
{via}
I have a love/hate relationship with Shaun T (the maniac behind Insanity. ha!). He will push you and make you want to work hard to build the body you want. There were times I thought that I was in bootcamp because he demands you take it to the max. Never in a mean way though! He just wants you to push past the "i'm too tired", "i don't feel like it"...which I did say. Thankfully for me, I had a motivator in the form of my awesome hubby who made me NOT cheat myself. (hey boy! if you're reading this...thank you)

The Fit Test:
You begin and end the program with the fit test which is a fantastic idea. You have a few throughout the 60 days also, about one every two weeks. My fit test results were another motivator. I just HAD to beat the numbers. I get really competitive y'all. When we were doing a new fit test, I would ask Mike about his numbers and aimed to smash them. Ha! He always smoked me in a couple categories like the "power jumps" but it was still fun to try to beat him. My end results are triple my first results in almost every category. The dang "frog jumps"...I had the same two numbers the entire time! 

The First 30 Days:
The workouts during the first 30 days were about 45 minutes with roughly 9-10 minutes of that being your warm-up. There are a couple days where you will have two workouts in a day, so if you choose to do the program keep that in mind. We live in an apartment so we weren't able to complete ours in the morning (there is a lot of jumping in Insanity). If you live in a house, I would suggest to do what you could in the morning if your schedule allows. By the end of the first 30 days I had biceps and was down pounds and inches. Holy moly! 

The Last 30 Days:
This was when your girl was on the floor about to die! The workouts are longer...an hour. There was one day we were working out for what felt like two hours. But we did it and so could you! I just find the time factor important because we all have different schedules. The second month is where you will see your best results. I don't mean that you'll lose a crap ton of weight, I'm saying that you will see your body change. You'll see some sexy muscle formation! ;)

The Verdict:
Like with any fitness program/routine you will have to dedicate time in your schedules to allow for proper nutrition and exercise. If you are ready to eat clean, sweat and bust your booty you can do it. I don't suggest anyone with knee, ankle or any body part below the waist problems do Insanity. There is a lot of jumping. I know that I've mentioned it already...but yeah. Insanity is based on MAX Interval Training so your heart rate will soar before he brings you back down for a quick rest. If you have a problem with your ticker, don't do Insanity. I do think that you should speak to a health care provider before diving into the program. Unless you're an athletic person already? The Boy and I didn't but I was mindful of my heart rate the entire time. I would walk around the room if I felt that I needed to. All in all, I love what Insanity has done for Mike and I. We've moved on to ChaLean Extreme because we caught the fitness bug. 

Bring it!  

Happy Tuesday!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Did you get good results? I did 40 days and only lost about 1/2 inch. Were yours better than that? Maybe I should try again! I am doing Nike Training Club currently and its quite the ass kicker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm discouraged. Sigh...I think I really need a workout partner. I like workouts like this because you can do it at home and that's easier for me. However this seems hard. I hope I can find something that works for me and soon. I even bought workout shoes. I'm trying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently doing BodyRock's 30 day challenge, but thinking I might do something like P90x or Insanity after I'm finished... I'm getting my ass kicked now, but not getting the results I want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great overview of the program. We have been looking at Insanity for A... we both have mixed feeling about P90X, but he loves the plyo workout in P90X, and we heard Insanity is somewhat similar.

    I can't wait for your updates on ChaLEAN (but you already know that)! I ordered it the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are on fire!!!! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete