July 26, 2012

Baby Shower for My Coworker/Friend

I work with some pretty awesome people! When it's time to celebrate each's birthdays or any other fun occasion we like to do it B-I-G. We get work done too. Ha! One of my favorite people, Michelle, is expecting a little girl in October so my supervisor and I have been meeting in secret to plan the baby shower. My goal is make Michelle cry. I mean boo-hoo crying if possible. Why? Because she's the type of person who goes out of her way to help others and she never complains. She genuinely loves to help others and doesn't accept kudos. Michelle likes teddy bears so little baby girl with no name yet will be living a super cute teddy bear themed nursery. My idea for the shower is Teddy Bears' Picnic as inspired by the song/book.

"If you go down to the woods today, you’re sure of a big surprise. If you go down to the woods today, you’d better go in disguise. For ev’ry bear that ever there was will gather there for certain because today’s the day the teddy bears have their picnic.”

My challenge is planning a baby shower for 100 plus people that is #1) awesome and #2)affordable because we have to start buying the big stuff for our little one.

Here are some simple decor ideas that I've found around the internet:
3_rect540
Nothing says picnic more than gingham!

Teddy Bear Ear Headband
I think that Michelle would be cute in these ears!

Coral Woven Basket Collection.Opens in a new window.
No picnic would be complete without baskets! I want one to hold plates and another to hold napkins.

If you have any ideas puhleeze share below!!!

Yay...it's almost Friday!

What is your favorite party memory?

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. this is such a cute idea! what about quilts thrown all over the ground too, so it looks very picnicy...even if its in an office...

    hmmm, im gonna keep thinking about this... love it.

    ReplyDelete