September 6, 2012

Planning for Baby- Nursery

  Hey y'all! I know, I know...i'm horrible. But I have missed everyone bunches! Forgive me?!
Mike and I are going to find out baby boo's gender next Wednesday. I cannot wait! We'll be happy as long as baby is healthy but not gonna lie...we each have our fingers crossed. I'm team pink and he, of course, is team blue. 
Baby Boo kickin' back 
During my first trimester, my favorite phrase was "one and done" because I was miserable. For those of you who may be in the first trimester or will find yourself there one day, the second trimester is SO much better. I'm already planning for baby #2 (if that's what intended for us)! 

Because we want to possibly have children who are two years apart, we're going the gender neutral route. We'll get some new items for the new baby but there are some things (like infant carriers) we will reuse. For those of you who may not know, my favorite color in the world is pink. When people ask me about our nursery plans for a girl they're shocked to learn that pink is not in the equation. Other than our plans for gender neutrality...I just cant do it. I love the pink nurseries that I have seen but don't think its my baby's color. The first color scheme that actually came to mind was yellow and gray.  

Some decor we're thinking about:

giraffes 8X10 giclee. butter yellow & light gray.. $20.00, via Etsy.

Bedding (colors are stone and citron)
Triple Band Three-Piece Crib Set in Stone and Citron

Changing pad and closer look of the pattern
Changing pad cover and topper in Stone and Citron

Let me know what you think! 
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to know what you're having. You're thinking about number 2 already? That's great! I get the same way. Can you believe I'm already talking about having another? Too bad my honey says no more lol. I was thinking I wanted the same color scheme. Yes do neutral because you will save a lot of money. I did that with my girls who are 2 years apart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yellow and gray in decor -- that's the color scheme for our kitchen, but I think it would be adorable for a baby's room! I'm a big fan of the gender-neutral nursery. Pink and blue are so predictable! When you go gender-neutral it opens up a whole new world of possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so i love yellow and grey and if its a girl you can throw in some pink pillows, and stuff that can easily go with her as she gets older or give away after she is a baby. i babysat once and the nursery was grey with white giraffes on the wall, it was so so cute!

    ReplyDelete