November 26, 2013

{Thanks}giving: One Year Reflection


This time last year, I was on bed rest due to a "perfect" pregnancy turned complicated. I was in the hospital for about two months and released a few days before Thanksgiving. I spent so much time crying over not having the experience that all pregnant women get (shopping for baby items, looking for paint and whatnot) that I did not fully appreciate the miracle I was granted. I could have easily lost my baby. Thankfully my doctors were able to catch the problem before I went into labor at 23 weeks. But at Thanksgiving, I said that I was thankful for "still being pregnant AND not being in the hospital anymore". How selfish?!

Now, I'm almost one week away from my baby girl's first birthday! My heart couldn't be filled with more thanks than it is right now!

I'm thankful for:

Harper "Piglet Suddz" because she is a fighter. When a handful of skeptical doctors and nurses would educate me on what could go wrong and told me that I would never make it to my goal of 32 weeks pregnant...she showed them! I made it to 33 weeks and she is growing into the most beautiful person. Full of determination and so intelligent!

My hubster because he is truly a patient man. I was in rare form y'all. Shameful. This guy handled all of the stuff that goes along with taking care of a household by himself for months and never complained. He dealt with my whining, crying and tantrums until he had heard enough. He pointed out the positives when I focused on the negatives. AND he brought me eggnog milkshakes. ;)

Bloggy Friends because you know who you are and what you have done! Text messages, emails and other forms of communication. I'm forever thankful!

Friends and Family because you never left, even though I said I didn't want you there. (I told y'all that my behavior was shameful) You always came back. AND you brought food. Like peanut butter cookies. ;)

My God because...Harper, Hubster, Bloggy Friends, IRL Friends and Family.

Wherever you are this holiday season, no matter what you believe, cherish this feeling of thankfulness and carry it with you throughout the year. I say "thank you" everyday now. My life is far from perfect, but its mine and I'm happy.

What are you thankful for today?
Photobucket
More changes are coming to the blog soon but I'm taking a break to work on Harper's first birthday for now!

1 comment: