January 13, 2014

Flowers and Lace Headband {DIY}

 photo 29f3c6fd-4dde-49a8-a1d8-8873fd40498b.jpg

Now that Harper's walking/running/gettingintoallkindsoftrouble, my time is limited when it comes to DIY projects. She's really FAST y'all. Ha!

I was excited when the opportunity to work with My Sunshine Shoppe arose because I needed to come up with some FAST crafts that could be done during naptime. Last summer I purchased an assortment of elastic ribbons and flowers so I already knew that they had quality materials.

Some of the items sent to me from My Sunshine Shoppe aren't shown here because I have a few more posts coming that I hope you'll enjoy.

The deets:
 photo 34f640fb-c6af-40fd-a81c-af8f1775811f.jpg
Hot glue gun. Scissors. Elastic lace trim. Flowers. Any embellishment that makes your heart happy.
 photo 6b25b41e-e5f0-4b1b-a4b1-efbc0fb1117c.jpg
Cut the elastic lace trim so that it fits your head snugly. I added another 1/4" so that the ends overlap. (Tip: felt circles add more support to your headbands but they're optional)
 photo b06ba564-5c2e-480f-9d3b-5b5d13ac7cda.jpg
I added some fun stretch elastic that I purchased last summer.
 photo IMG_2999.jpg
Glue your flowers and embellishments. ( Tip: The jeweled flower is glued on top of the felt circle because it needs more support than the other two rosettes.)

If you have any requests for quick diy projects you can just leave them in the comments section below. I hope that you enjoyed!

I'm linking up here:
Frugal Crafty Home/More the Merrier Monday/Pin it Monday/Motivate Me Monday

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! At first I thought it was a garter (D'OH!). I especially love that flower with the pearls in the center.
    Loving your nail polish, too!! Gold <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so darling - I adore it! I'm glad we're part of the same SITS tribe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute! I will have to pass along that shop to my friend as she is always looking for cute things for her daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is darling! Might hit up the craft store this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the bright pinks and the wispy-edged rosettes. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete