March 18, 2014

Ice Cream, Beer and Fitness

I was ON point last week. I killed every workout, I filled my body with whole foods and then it happened. I went to a local St Patrick's Day festival on Saturday and had a few beers. Then I had wings and ice cream on Sunday. I regret nothing. It was glorious. Ha!

This is week 10 of the 100K Transformation Challenge and I'm pumped to be at the home stretch. I'm excited to see everyone's progress but I'm also proud of the fact that I've stuck with it. There were times when I wondered why I was doing any of this "fitness stuff". Just being completely honest.

I would then remind myself that I set goals and I want to be a good role model for Harper. How can I tell her to live boldly and not do so myself?

Week 10 Progress Update

Yeah...eff the scale because 10 weeks and a six pound difference would've sent me straight to Dunkin' Doughnuts in the past. All of that work and only six pounds. SIX. Eff this noise...I'm getting ice cream. Because muscle is more dense than fat it takes up less space in the body.

For my long term goal of doing a fitness competition next year, I will need to drop more weight and about 6%  more body fat.

I've been raving about the Tone It Up Girls for years now and have yet to buy their nutrition program. I'm thinking that I'll get it for my birthday at the end of the month. I love what they stand for and I'm getting lazy at looking for recipes. Ha! They have it all laid out for you and they do several updates a year. Why haven't I bought it before...I hate spending money on myself. I feel so guilty when I buy something that's more than 20 bucks. After seeing their nutrition members' photos on Instagram, I'm finding that most of the recipes are Harper friendly. I just didn't want to invest $150 in a nutrition program that my family wouldn't benefit from also. For my ultimate goal, nutrition is key so its time to invest. Right?! Right!

Do you invest in yourself? Comment below on the last thing you did for yourself!

Come stalk me on bodyspace for more updates and progress pictures.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. To answer the question, NO i never invest in myself :-( but I totally think you should do it for you. Tell Mike I got $5 on it-LOL. I am so proud of your progress. I want to be just like you when I grow up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you! You deserve to treat yo'self! You do a lot for other people, go buy yourself something shiny.

      Delete
  2. I ate ben and jerry's :)

    Way to go mama! You can reach your goal and even if you don't you look fantastic! Be proud :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! And really...who can say "no" to ice cream?

      Delete