March 3, 2014

Meal Prep Monday: March 3rd {FAIL}

 photo whatwereeating.jpg

"Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail"

I'm putting myself out there. I made the Balsamic Roast Beef and salsa as part of this week's meal prep and that's it. Mike said that he wanted to cook at least once this week so...we have a couple meals covered. Ha!

We bought a lot of veggies at the market this weekend so we have food. I just have the added pressure of figuring out what we're having the rest of the week. That stresses me out! If we don't have a plan, I usually just default to something from a fast food restaurant.

I was craving salsa to dip veggies in but the recipe made a decent sized batch. Maybe omelettes with salsa for dinner one night? Ideas?

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. You are doing better than I am. I never plan. I couldn't even tell ya what I am going to fix for tonight - Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I plan all week for the next week's menu...its hard. Ha!

      Delete
  2. I love salsa on my omelets! I also like it over rice with grilled chicken, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! Thank you! Mike would really like that! He thinks that meat should be present at all meals...LOL

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second adding salsa to rice and chicken! You could also pre-make healthy breakfast burritos (eggs/egg whites, potatoes, peppers, black beans and salsa) to freeze OR make a pot of chicken tortilla soup and dump in a bunch of salsa for flavor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving both ideas! The burritos will give everyone a break from oatmeal. The weather is still dreadful here so soup would amazing. Thank you!!!

      Delete
  5. I'm big into planning! I plan every week out the Saturday before, then I coupon like Crazy!!! If you plan well, you save! I have also started planning around the sales and couponing on top of that. If you need some meal ideas just ask! I'm full them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will! I'm always interested in finding new recipes to try. Thanks, Lady!!!

      Delete