March 7, 2014

No Stranger Danger {Fitness and Support From Family}

The battery in our scale decided to die. Boo! While I don't go by what's on the scale, I do like to keep myself accountable to y'all and my bodyspacers out there.

I'm not the biggest fan of the scale we have anyway so I would love a new. Our current scale monitors body fat and has other features I know nothing about because I've never used them. I just want an old fashioned, step on and see your weight type of scale. Nothing fancy. Body fat, water retention, favorite color and the like are not features i'm interested.


We're closing out week 8 of the 100k Transformation Challenge on Bodybuilding.com and I have some really stiff competition! That's awesome! It's incredible to witness lives changing week after week! I couldn't be more proud to be a part of the Bodyspace community!


Throughout the challenge, we get mini challenges emailed in our weekly newsletter every Monday. I've done a couple of them but have been hesitant to fully participate because they always involve social media. Here's my hangup...I don't really involve friends and family in my journey. It's easier for me to tweet a pic or post to Bodyspace for strangers than upload to Facebook. A part of me is afraid to seem like a show-off. Even though I know that I have months on months on months to get to where I need to be for my ultimate goal, I don't want someone whose goal is close to where I am now to feel bad. I'm working on the those hang-ups because...

My ultimate goal is to get stage ready! I have a lot of work ahead of me and I'm going to need all of the support I can get.

Because my birthday is at the end of the month and the support from y'all has been incredible, I have something special planned. Small but fun so don't go thinking you're getting an iPad! Ha! That would be pretty awesome though!

What do y'all think? Would you open up (to an extent) on your personal Facebook page?

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I have been on and off fatsecret for years and there is no way I would link it with Facebook. When I fail - everybody knows lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I feel you on that! I'm hoping that the extra accountability will help even more.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with what you are doing. I think you look great!! I hate scales. Ew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you, Tammy! Scales are the worst...why do we have them?!

      Delete
  3. You are doing great. I am very impressed that you have taken on this challenge. I also love the saying about surrounding yourself with people who believe in you. I have run marathons and even an Ironman but I swear that 60% of the ability to do that comes from my family, friends and readers who support me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Its amazing what you can do with "a little help from your friends"...hehe! Ironman?! Very cool!

      Delete
  4. The photos of your transformation are really encouraging! I've been under strict orders not to work out for months now due to a back injury, and I HATE it. I'm hoping to get the green light at physical therapy tomorrow and get back on the horse. I can't fit in my clothes anymore...especially not good for my particular business...

    I totally hear you about sharing on FB/with family. I finally learned how to use the friend lists on FB so I can share with just those on one list, or with everyone except a list, and that has helped me be able to engage on FB and still dodge awkward comments from my mom. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a smart idea! I never thought about using those options!

      Thank you! I pray that everything went well at your appointment!!! Yoga could really help (depending on the severity of your injury) since its low impact. I think you look great though :)

      Delete