April 14, 2014

12 Week Transformation Challenge {Mission Complete}

Last week marked the end of the Bodybuilding.com 100k Transformation Challenge!
12 Week Before and After

I have no clue as to what my stats are because this girl was super busy last week so I didn't find time to measure or weigh-in. I'm perfectly content with that. I will try to hop on the scale in the morning so that I can give a full rundown.

I don't have the most dramatic transformation but I'm happy! Lost some fat, awesome! Built some muscle, even more awesome! I'm proud of myself for completing the challenge...even though Mike had to force me to post my final results. I spent an hour looking at other people's transformations on Bodyspace. Ugh!

Comparison is The Thief of Joy via Earl-Leigh Designs

Instead of rushing to upload my final pictures, I made the mistake of minding other peoples' business/body/whatever. Don't do that! Be proud of YOU and all of the work that YOU do to make YOURSELF awesome. Yes, congratulate others but don't forget to give yourself a smack on the butt too!

After getting myself out of a temporary funk, I posted my after photos with pride. I'm taking steps towards my goals and am moving at a slower pace than some. It's what works for me.

Do you ever catch yourself comparing your life or goals to someone else's?
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. I tend to compare a lot. I shouldn't and know that. Also - you look great! I need to get myself into a workout schedule. (sister's wedding is in September and I am a bridesmaid-eek) Got any tips for a mom of a 2 year old and a 2 month old? Seems like my day disappears fast, especially since the baby eats every 2 hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!

      I would really focus on maintaining a healthy diet and drinking plenty of water. Lots of lean protein (turkey breast, chicken breast, salmon), healthy fats (avocado, olive oil) and complex carbs (sweet potatoes and quinoa). Those are just limited examples of each category! You'll just want to make sure you eat enough and drink enough to properly fuel your body AND maintain a decent milk supply if you are breastfeeding.

      I haven't mentioned exercise because you have a lot going on right now. Sleep is an important factor and I know that it's limited for you with a newborn and a toddler. You've probably heard the saying "abs are made in the kitchen"...its so true! If you can get active for about 45 minutes 3x a week...awesome! If you can sneak in some squats...terrific! :)

      Delete
  2. You look amazing! What program are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was using the Jamie Eason Live Fit Trainer on bodybuilding.com. It's a great program if you have access to a gym. I'm now doing some toneitup.com training routines (FREE and mostly bodyweight/running) and incorporating what I learned from Live Fit. I'm going to do it this way for about a month and then start Live Fit over again. :)

      Delete
  3. Holy cow! You rock sister friend! I signed up for Curves today based on your photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Wooo! I've heard great things about Curves. I know that you'll rock it out! I can't wait to follow your journey. :)

      Delete
  4. I think my other comment didn't publish (I was on my phone, so it was hard to tell). Congratulations! And good advice on comparing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa that's awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you, Michelle! They wont know what to do when we put our 'kinis on! LOL

      Delete
  7. Yay for keeping it up for the full 12 weeks! Great work! I can definitely see the difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad that I could share this journey. I'm not sure that I could have done it without the support and accountability!

      Delete
  8. Ahhh! You look fantastic! Okay, you have seriously given me my motivational boost I needed! Keep it up babe :)

    ReplyDelete