April 29, 2014

Pop Tarts and Bikinis {Fitness Update}


2014 Tone It Up Bikini Series

Yesterday was the first day of the 2014 Tone It Up Bikini Series! This is pretty much a fun way to prepare for summer with workouts and fun challenges so I'm all in! There will be workouts posted daily on the Tone It Up website. The Bikini Series is FREE so anyone can sign up! They even have some of their recipes posted on the site if anyone is curious about the nutrition plan. Harper and Mike are big fans of the recipes I've made so far. I think that everyone's favorite was the Southwest Turkey burger...oh my drool! I never believed that a turkey burger could be juicy AND flavorful, so now I'm ready to try the other burger recipes from the plan!
Start of the 2014 Bikini Series via Earl Leigh Designs
This is my "before" picture for the Bikini Series! The best way for me to actually see my progess is through pictures. And flexing in the mirror! Ha!

I'm down to 155lb! Happy dance, happy dance! I'm not a fan of scales, as previously mentioned, and don't give the numbers too much thought usually. Because I'm on a journey to compete in a fitness competition, my weight and body fat percentage has to come down some. (I'm 5'3" in case you were wondering)

With that being said...y'all...I have been baking Pop Tarts/Toaster Pastries/WhateverYouWantToCallThem like a beast lately. I found a recipe on 100 Days of Real Food and haven't looked back. They arent usually 100% TIU approved (occasional cookie butter filling) but I try! Ha! I just need to take a trip to the store (Amazon) so that I can pick up canning supplies. It's been on my list to make jams or preserves for the house for months now. I think that a mango butter toaster pastry would be pretty amazeballs.

Have you noticed anything new in my sidebar?! I received an email this weekend letting me know that I'm one of the newest Girls Gone Sporty Ambassadors! Mike and I were on the way to market and my "spidey-senses" told me to check my emails. Totally did a happy dance in the car and flexed, of course. ;)

I hope that everyone's week has started wonderfully!

What are your favorite, unique flavors for jams/preserves/jellies? Jalapeno Apple?

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Homemade poptarts have been on my list of things to try making for ages! I need to get on that at some point. :x I have a lot of apple butter that I want to use up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Its so much easier than I thought it would be. Apple butter would be great in them too!!

      Delete
  2. You look amazing! Good for you for making a change - I bet each day it gets easier and easier to be healthier as you feel better and better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really does get easier. I have a lot more energy now! :)

      Delete
  3. I am so going to make those pastries now! Can't wait to see your after pictures - get it girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Double the recipe for your family. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your new ambassador-ship :)
    Poptarts...mmm...make me think of being a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's why I love them AND you can do as many flavors as you can think of. :)

      Delete
  5. Cool! I love the Tone it Up Diet so I am going to give this a go, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Let me know if you want to partner up!

      Delete
  6. Wow, you want to be in a fitness competition? That's awesome! A ton of hard work to get there but I'm sure it will be super rewarding. You can totally do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm nervous but excited about competing. Luckily, I have a friend who debuted last year and has been extremely helpful. :)

      Delete