April 25, 2014

The Plague {Okay...Okay...Stomach Virus}

You've probably noticed some crickets chirping over here this week. The plaque struck our household last Friday.

Picture this: Mike, Harper and Earl are hanging out on the couch watching some Dragon Ball Z. Mike's holding Harper because it's almost her bedtime. To get comfy, Harper turns onto her tummy and rests her head on her daddy's shoulder. Sweet, right?

Mike carries her into her nursery so that he can tuck her in for the night. From the living room I hear silence erupt into a series of "oh my God!" so I go running down the hall, flip on the light and see her dinner. EVERYWHERE. She's crying, he's crying and I'm cleaning. We didn't know it yet but the plague had struck.

Harper woke us up the next morning demanding milk so I handed her off to dad and stole away to the bedroom. I had to tidy the place up a little more before my family came so I wanted a few more minutes of sleep. Five minutes later..."Babe...oh no...oh no!" comes from the living room. I go running down the hall, into the living room and see her milk. EVERYWHERE. She was crying, he was crying and I was cleaning.

Everyone's coming, she CANT be sick. He squished her tummy...she's NOT sick. 

They both get their outfits changed and it happens again and again. I knew it was time to call the emergency nurse at her pediatrician's office and we heard what I had been dreading. Stomach virus. I called my mom's house, cell and then my sister's cell until I got a response. They were already on the way because they wanted to surprise me. I told them the news and we decided to cancel our Easter plans so that my nephew wasn't around the sickness. He cried, I cried and Harper gave mommy a hug.

Kim K crying

She's better now (awesome) but Mike and I have been sick all week. It's pretty much been a lot of:

On the couch

and

I can't think.

I'm feeling like a human again and that's pretty cool. Also, I lost 4lbs this week. I'm totally logging it because it was kinda like being on a cleanse. Right? Ha!

GIFS 1/2/3

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Oh no! That is just dreadful! At least you all had it at once?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that really did help. I'm glad that she was mostly over before we got it.

      Delete
  2. OMG so not funny but I can't help but laugh at she's crying, he's crying, and I'm cleaning-well mostly the he's crying part. And the 4 pounds TOTALLY count. you worked hard for those 4 pounds lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was such a mess! I don't know WHAT he would've done if I wasn't at home LOL

      Delete
  3. Oh no... the stomach bug freaks me OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Like I'm nauseated thinking I caught it from reading this blog :)
    Hope the bug has left the building & everyone is good from here on out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebecca! I'm usually the obnoxious person walking around, spraying everything down so that I don't get it LOL.

      Delete
  4. Booo... I hate it when a stomach bug strikes the house! We have 6 in our house...and it went through a few weeks ago...EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US. What a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh that stinks, glad you're feeling better and I would totally count that as a cleanse!

    ReplyDelete