May 19, 2014

Random-Leigh {Liebster #1}

Yeow! I was nominated by four lovely women for the Liebster Award and couldn't be more thrilled! The first batch of questions comes from Kristen, please go check out her blog on parenting. She's not your typical mama blogger...mimosas were on her Mother's Day wish list. Yes, please! I'll take two.


Here’s how it works:
  • Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
  • Answer the 11 questions from the nominating blogger
  • Provide 11 random facts about yourself
  • Nominate 11 small blogs you feel deserve the award
  • Create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer 
I don't think I know 44 bloggers so I'm going to nominate as many as I can. 

Q & A Time:

1. Why did you start your blog? A few years ago, I found blogs like A Beautiful Mess and Gussy Sews (Maggie Whitley Designs) and fell in love with the community. I always wanted to take my love of sewing to the next level and hope that the community we build here will help support that dream! 

2. What is your blog about? ME. Ha! It started off as a lifestyle/DIY blog and has now grown with me. I write about my love of family, fitness and fabric. Once life calms down a little bit...I want to start posting more "Sew Easy Sunday" tutorials again! 

3. What is your theme song? "Something Good Can Work" by Two Door Cinema Club


4. What actress would be cast to play you in the movie of your life? Gabrielle Union. She has a good bitchface and I suffer from that. 



5.What is your most prized possession? All of my Harper pictures and stuff from the NICU. Some people may think its depressing but I kept things like her jaundice machine (i have no clue what's really called) goggles. She was so tiny and I think that she will appreciate seeing these things when she's old enough.

Mike and I affectionately called her Daft Punk baby...our parents hated that. 

6. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be? Jamie Eason Middleton! Love her! She's a fitness model and mama who has a big heart. You don't have to be into bodybuilding to enjoy following her because she posts about everything! Go check out her super cute baby boy. I used her Live Fit trainer during the 100k Transformation challenge and love my results. I plan on using the program again in a month or two. 

7. What is your favorite post you have written? My rant on body shaming. I still get unsolicited "don't get like She Hulk" comments that I roll my eyes too. I personally love She Hulk's physique and would be impressed with myself if I looked like her. LOL!

8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Bali! 

9. If you found a magic lamp with a genie, what would be your 3 wishes? No debt (student loans are of the devil himself), to be a successful entrepreneur, for Mike to live his dream of being a full-time comic book illustrator at Marvel or DC (or his own company). 

10. What is the last book you read? "Camp Paradox: A Memoir of Stolen Innocence" by Barbara Graham

11. If you could give your 18 year old self one piece of advice, what would it be? Eat something. 

Random Facts:
1. I'm drinking a venti iced coffee from Starbucks.
2. I used to hate Starbucks because they put a local coffee shop that I LOVED out of business. 
3. Mike calls me a "bro". 
4. I use a Hello Kitty planner 
5. I used to hate crop tops but I reeeallly want to wear one with a maxi skirt this summer. 
6. I'm a typical Aries. 
7. If you call me, I probably won't answer.
8. I'll text you though. 
9. I have had Google+ for years and I almost never use it. 
10. Instagram is my favorite.
11. I don't like wearing pants. 

Thank you for the nomination, Kristen! I'm going to post my questions and nominated my folks when I answer the last batch of questions. 

If you have any suggestions for "Sew Easy Sunday", let me know in the comments section. Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. You have the sweetest daft punk baby ever! And, She-Hulk is a total compliment. She is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would consider it to be a compliment also!

      Delete
  2. Instagram is my favorite too
    As are venti Iced coffees :)
    AND Starbucks put our local shop out of business too... ouch!
    A good bitchface... awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to rebel against the "corporate monster" that put my beloved cafe out of business but I love coffee too much. And pumpkin spice latte. AH!

      Delete
  3. When I broke my collar bone as a young child, maybe 5?, she kept the sling and still has it even though it is falling apart. Don't apologize for keeping it. It is important for you, a victory trophy if you will, and it will mean something to Harper when she is older. You go mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I guess its a mama thing!

      Delete
  4. Your random facts crack me up! I totally agree--Google + is useless. And I'm def a texter, but once you get me on the phone, we might be on it for an hour (well, if you're one of my girlfriends). Otherwise, GET OFF.
    And Aries for the win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yep, my mom is the phone exception for me.

      Delete
  5. I am obsessed with instagram and I want to see pictures of your Hello Kitty planner! I love Hello Kitty and use a HK pen case for my planner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to post a picture of it on Instagram! :)

      Delete
  6. I tried to comment the other day but my computer was being stupid... Congrats!

    ReplyDelete