June 30, 2014

Bikini Series Wrap-Up {Fitness Update}

Hallelujah! We hired a new HR girl and she starts next Monday!


Ahem...

Last week wrapped up the Tone It Up Bikini Series! I had some good results but some of my "yolo meals", as Cassey Ho would say, kept my abs in hiding when I turned in my final submission. I could have easily said "eff it, I don't have a six-pack so I'm not turning these in" but what purpose would that have served me?! I like to finish what I start.


I don't have the abs of my dreams right now. Okay. What I do have is a body that is getting stronger by the day/week! As you can see, I'm still an avid fan of flexing. LOL. I can run around with Harper and not feel self-conscious. I've worn a bikini for the first time in about two years and I'm looking for another one. All of these reasons (and more) are why I consider my first Bikini Series to be a success.

I'm working on a post of my favorite upper body training techniques. Because I've been exercising with a bum wrist and hand for the past few months, I had to change the way I trained. No push-ups, no pull-ups and no traditional planks. I hope that it will be helpful for at least one person!

Let me know if y'all want to see my before and after comparison photos. I try not to bombard you guys with pictures of me in my 'kini! Ha!


P.S.- We're not a single income family anymore! Mike started his new job designing educational something or others last Monday. Yay!

GIFS 1/2

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. NIIIIIIccccceeeee Such great news all around. I can't wait to see your "official" results, but I can unofficially officially say you look fantastic :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!!! Last week was pretty "stellar"!

      Delete
  2. Yipee for more family income :)
    I'd love to see result pictures... those always push me to get my own result pictures :)
    Congrats on finishing the series. most people don't finish what they start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A couple of years ago, I would have been one of those people. I would've beat myself up over it. Not anymore!

      Delete
  3. Congrats!!! I always LOVE to see befores and afters! Way to stick to it even w/ the YOLO meals...and I'm gonna have to start saying that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You SHOULD start saying it. Sometimes you just have to eat the cupcake ;)

      Delete
  4. You look awesome! I need some of your motivation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Check out toneitup.com, the workouts are free and the community is amazing!!

      Delete
  5. You SHOULD flex! Your guns are awesome!! You look fabulous, way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flex away sister friend and I guess his job will prevent you from moving your whole family to Cleveland? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work! Keep flexing! I am so looking forward to your post about your upper body routine! I have zero upper body strength, so could never do push-ups or pull-ups anyway. Looking forward to some creative alternatives! Congrats on the new job for the hubby too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work! So awesome that you are no longer a single income household. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete