July 10, 2014

More Half-Nekkid Photos, Earl? {Fitness Update}

I asked if y'all wanted to see my "before" and "after" pictures for the Tone It Up Bikini Series and the vote was "yes". You brought this on yourselves! ;)

TIU Bikini Series "Before and After"

I submitted bikini pictures that really focused on my stomach because I still had some fluff and a lot of loose skin from my pregnancy. This is an area that some women feel hopeless about after they have had a baby. Do not despair, ladies! This area can be snatched! I still have some loose skin but not as much as before. Will I probably have some loose skin when I compete? Yup and I'm cool with that.

Something I found helpful:
Focus on your core throughout your training. I'm still repairing ab separation from my pregnancy with Harper so I don't do traditional ab exercises. They hurt like hell. I don't do crunches and sit-ups are just now becoming tolerable. When you're running (or whatever exercise you love) engage your core. Pull that belly button in! I find that I work my core the most on leg and back days. Get up! Engage your core and do 10 squats or lunges. Your abs will feel it.

TIU Bikini Series "Before and After"

Ass. Sorry! I can't help it! Y'all know that I've been working on building a booty. I started lifting heavier on leg days and focused more on my hamstrings. They make all of the difference. Trust me.

Something that I have learned in the last few weeks:
I really, really, really suck at taking selfies and I find it awkward for Mike to take my picture for challenges. Its weird. In my head it sounds like, "Hey Babe. I need you to take a picture of my butt for the internet again. Thanks!".


I'm off to look for a tripod and remote.

GIF

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. You look fantastic lady!! One hot momma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing!!! All the hard work is paying off that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha..."I need you take a pic of my butt for the internet again." LOVE IT!

    I can see a big difference in your pics! Did it really only take a few weeks? I need to get on the ball with this myself. Should go take some half nekkid selfies too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did! I eat clean about 80% of the time, do some cardio (about 30-45 minutes x 5 days a week) and lift heavy. I'm sure that if I limited my wine and ice cream intake the results would've been even better. Ha! ;)

      Go take those selfies! They're one of the best ways to track progress.

      Delete
  4. You should really be so proud of yourself. You look strong, and just fabulous. Things are really tightening up, and I love that you mention the fact that you can work on engaging your core without doing the regular abs-stuff. And I think that you will find it really improves your running as well--you will carry you weight more efficiently, and will get fatigued at a slower rate, or when you do get fatigued in your legs, really engage your core, and that will help carry you through to the end! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fraaaand!! This journey has brought out a strength I never let myself have before. I love it! Thank you for the support girlie!!

      Delete
  5. You look great!! I need to get motivated now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm here to be your cheerleader if you want one!

      Delete
  6. You look great! Your posts always make me get up and start working out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look awesome. Your posts make me smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete