September 23, 2014

Curious George & Greek Food {Weekend Madness}

As a working mom, I occasionally suffer from "mommy guilt" when I see community events for children advertised during business hours. When I saw that Barnes & Nobles was having a Curious George story-time with activities this past Saturday, I knew that we had to be there.

Curious George & Greek Food via Earl-Leigh Designs

While our library does host a weekly story-time, it's usually thisclose to naptime. We prefer to not be "that" family when avoidable. You know, the family with the toddler who is screaming her head off? That isn't fun for anyone. ;)

Curious George & Greek Food via Earl-Leigh Designs

Harper decided to be super sweet and let her daddy take her shopping. It's a privilege for us. Ha! While we were there for Curious George and the yellow dude, we walked out with a stuffed Elmo. She couldn't even be swayed with a stuffed George and she loves him. Does anyone know if Sesame Street sends out subliminal messages? This kid will lose her mind in the presence of that furry, red guy. Seriously.

After fun times with The Man in the Yellow Hat, Harper crashed for two hours so mommy and daddy had some alone time! Y'all know what that means?! Two hour Netflix party!


Then we were off to the Greek festival...where I ate carbs, carbs and more carbs.

Curious George & Greek Food via Earl-Leigh Designs

They were serving the best fries I have ever had in my face. I don't know what genius combination of herbs were used but magic happened. I'm now on the search for some garlicky, baked Greek fries on Pinterest. If you have a recipe, please leave it in the comments section below!

Is there a festival that you look forward to every year?

This blog post was fueled by H2O, Passion Pit and FALL!!! Fallelujah!

GIF
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Those Fried do look good! George is going to be around here next weekend but I don't think we will be able to attend. :( kinda bummed about that cause I know my son would love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you wont be able to make it to see George. They have so many cute events coming up soon like The Elf on the Shelf birthday party!

      Delete
  2. Sesame Street has some sort of hypnotizing powers... how else can they still be around for all these years! Its sorta crazy!!!
    Don't you love 2 hours of alone time... just for Netflix! :) The best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! What other show has been around for that long?!

      Delete
  3. that dress....I want it!
    I would be dancing for those fries too--literally. I will dance for fries. No shame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were the best food item at the festival!

      Thank you! She loves that dress. "It's pweety."

      Delete
  4. How can you not eat carbs at a Greek festival!!??! My favorite festival is this weekend and thankfully it does not revolve around food but you can be sure there will be fun fair food available!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun! I'm sure it'll be another awesome experience for you and the family!

      Delete
  5. I suffer from Mommy guilt sometimes, too. Looks like you found some good ways to spend time as a family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time! My poor husband has no idea whats in store for him this weekend! ;) Apple orchard.

      Delete
  6. Hi Earl-Leigh! Your daughter is so adorable. I would have a hard time saying "no" to anything she wanted. At least now it's Elmo and not a car. I have a weakness for fair fries. So good! One of my favorite festivals is the Maple Festival in Chardon, Ohio. Maple Syrup is a special sort of delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. My. Gawd! I would love to go to a Maple Festival! Your favorite festival just made my bucket list.

      Delete
  7. I miss all the fun stuff that happens during the week now that I am back school! I wish they planned more fun family stuff like story times on the weekend. I feel your pain there! Looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I do too! I get that stay-at-home moms and their kids need daytime activities but come on! Share the wealth LOL ;)

      Delete