October 20, 2014

Blogging, Detoxing & Flexing

The Blog Well Summit took place this past weekend. Here's my report back...I wasn't able to give it my full attention.

If you follow me on Instagram you may know that I was home sick on Wednesday of last week. I haven't been sleeping well lately and last week I had a massive migraine with nausea that struck almost at random. I ended up leaving my office around noon. After a self assessment (and a negative pregnancy test), I realized that the culprit is work-related stress. I keep harping on the importance of following up on goals because one of my MAJOR goals is to get the hell out of my current 9 to 5 before it gives me gray hairs. I pretty much used this weekend as an unplanned but needed mini mental detox.

Set Your Life on Fire via Earl-Leigh Designs

I was so looking forward to connecting with other bloggers and learning from the guest speakers at Blog Well. Because I wasn't able to give my full attention, I'm going to purchase what was covered over the weekend.

Earl-Leigh Designs

Bulking/Frisky Fall Update:
This was one of my "non-flex" pictures from Flex Friday! I think that my guns are digging the fact that I'm bulking now. Woo! I'm going to start logging my meals on My Fitness Pal again because I find it difficult to hit my macros (carbs, proteins and fats) if I don't. Around 6PM I'm usually scrambling because I'm nowhere close to hitting my numbers. Well...I dont really scramble...I've been eating pumpkin spice Oreo cookies to fill in my carbs and fats. Ha! They're so good! I searched all over my part of town with no luck but Michelle was able to get her hands on a pack for me. Yum!

I went to Whole Foods this weekend in search of Call Me Pumpkin, one of Suja's Holiday Editions, and every flavor but that one was in store. Every flavor. Mike was embarrassed when I asked one of the store associates about "the Suja situation". When you go out of your way to try something and it isn't available...it kind of seems like a situation. No?! Anyway, I ended up grabbing a couple bottles of pressed juice from Arden Farms instead. So good! If you are a juice drinker, I would suggest trying their flavor "Oops". Its tropical, not too sweet and would probably make a killer cocktail. If you don't like pineapples, you will hate this drink. You've been warned. ;)

What is your favorite way to detox? 

This post was fueled by water, Band of Horses and my delicious but smelly broccoli.

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. I never really fully detoxed... I would like to give it a go though - I think my body needs it.
    But some days, I really over load on water to try & clear out what I can ...#peealot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I use that method too but the frequent bathroom breaks add to the fatigue. ;)

      Delete
  2. My way of detoxing is eating as light as possible including easily digestible foods, and loading up on water and green teas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go through phases with green tea. I like it during warmer months but I rarely think about it during fall/winter. I'll start drinking more!

      Delete
  3. Deff tons of greens... water.. tea.. protein.. just BACK to basics.. and even a superfood smoothie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try that and see if it helps...but with coffee in addition to my tea! ;)

      Delete
  4. Pumpkin spice w-h-a-t! Need to stay away from the Oreo aisle lol great pick mama! Looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go get some before they're gone. They will change your life! Hahaha!

      Delete
  5. I think that the water and broccoli and band of horses is a good start for certain. Put some pumpkin in there and a dash of spice and you are good to go! My legs have been loving that I'm still eating like a marathoner. BEASTMODE>
    Also, for alittle caffeine but still a good change up for your system--jasmine green tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, okay. I'll start drinking the green tea that is currently decorating my kitchen counter. Band of Horses is good for the soul.

      Delete
  6. My way of detoxifying is to have lots of liquids- lemon water, coconut water, clear soups, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in major need of a detox. I actually have the 3 day refresh from Beachbody and just need to do it. I hate when I'm looking for something specific & the store doesn't have it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your obsession with pumpkin! I can't get enough of it!

    ReplyDelete