October 28, 2014

Frisky Fall Update and A Sweet Treat

I try my best to not spam y'all with progress pictures because that could be obnoxious. With that being said, let the spam commence. Ha!


I was challenged by a fellow TIU beach babe (we call ourselves beach babes fondly, not cockily) to complete the daily fitness post from FitMiss yesterday. I love any reason to pull out my hot pink yoga mat and kettlebell so I was all "challenge accepted" when she tagged me.



 Knowing that I had someone out there holding me accountable gave me an extra push because I was tired and sore after my shoulder and calves training session. My pompadour, sadly, did not make it.


That's one sad looking poof and I used half a pack of bobby pins on that one section of hair. Not really, but dang near close. Because I'm in fit girl happyland aka "bulk city"...that's what I call it anyway...I decided to treat myself for working so hard.

I received the following product complimentary (that means for FREE and y'all know I love free) from Influenster for testing purposes only. All opinions are my own. Now that the legal biz is taken care of let's back to the tasty treat I had.


Swiss Miss Simply Cocoa! Yes, I drink hot chocolate and I mean real hot chocolate. When my Influenster box arrived, this packet of chocolaty goodness (the hot chocolate...not me...HA) was probably the first thing I noticed. By probably, I mean definitely. Mike was more excited than I was because I've been talking about hot chocolate for as long as I've been talking about pumpkin. I think he was under the impression that I would stop talking about it once I had a hot cup of cocoa in my hands. No, sir!

What is Swiss Miss Simply Cocoa?! I'm glad you asked! It's their new cocoa mix that only has 5 ingredients- cocoa (duh), nonfat milk, sugar, salt and natural flavor. Less "stuff" than traditional hot chocolate mixes but still with a rich chocolate flavor. Delicious!

Do you use your "good" housewares on a regular basis?
Are you a hot chocolate or apple cider person?

This post was fueled by water, pasta and the impending doom of cardio.

GIF/PIC
Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. I'm always looking for a good hot chocolate without all the junk in it - hard to find. I think Starbucks is on the best one I've found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starbucks has excellent hot chocolate. Yummers!

      Delete
  2. I'm an ALL THE WARM DRINKS person. Particularly if they have some sort of alcoholic addition to them SHAZAM.
    And your pouf may not have survived, but you are looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would be amazed at how many people decide to pick a warm drink team. Mike will not drink hot apple cider. Sometimes, I just don't understand him at all.

      And thank you!

      Delete
  3. Definitely love me hot cocoa and will try the Swiss Miss! The only time I have warm apple cider is when I annually go to New York for my December weekend and wander around the outside craft show down in SoHo. They do have the best apple cider and gingerbread cookies! Gonna miss it this year and don't want to ruin the memory with other drinks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apple cider and gingerbread cookies sound great! Yeah, don't mess with that memory.

      Delete
  4. My favorite hot chocolate is Starbucks hot chocolate but I have to drink it with soy milk and because of my hypothyroidism I have to drink it once in a while. #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had their hot chocolate with soy. I may have to give that a try!

      Delete
  5. I'm DEF a hot chocolate person- give me all the marshmallows!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love me some hot cocoa!!!! Especially with a touch of espresso. YAASSSS! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa! You just opened up a whole new world. Hot cocoa and espresso?! Trying it.

      Delete
  7. I haven't had hot cocoa in the longest! My teacher in elementary school used to offer us "hot pot" for 25 cents, and we all felt special with our mugs of hot chocolate. I like Swiss Miss, nice to see that they have a healthier blend! :) #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am such a hot coco girl and I wish I had some good dishes to use lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I have to thank my family for mine.

      Delete
  9. Oh yum I love hot chocolate! And apple cider too, especially warm. Mmm :) #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Throw some heat at that cider before you give it to me please. ;)

      Delete