October 13, 2014

Invest In Yourself {Competing & My Thoughts Currently}

I'm a big enough person to admit when I need help. I may not like it but I know when to "hold 'em and when to fold 'em". I'm folding. When I decided to compete in a bodybuilding competition, I thought that I could do it alone. How hard could it be to get some muscles and pose in a bikini? What the hell was I thinking?!


I'm not a personal trainer or nutritionist. I can Google with the best of them and that has gotten me to this point. Woo hoo for that but I don't see myself achieving my goal without the extra push. There are people who train themselves and do relatively well in the sport. They get two snaps from me.


After sitting down to reassess my goals, I had to ask myself why I felt as though having a trainer would be like admitting defeat. You know what I realized? Like a lot of moms (other women too, but i'm speaking from a mama's stance right now), I feel guilty when I spend money on myself. I thought that I had a handle on that when I finally got the Tone It Up nutrition plan. No, I still hate spending money on myself and my interests. I always think about how the money could be better spent on something Mike and Harper would want.

Harper loves to tumble around so I've been researching gymnastics for tots in the area. My almost two year old tries to do one cartwheel and I'm suddenly the parent of the next Gabby Douglas. If I can invest in what may be a fleeting interest for her, I can throw some dollars down for mama too. I have been looking at the cost of competing and while having a trainer will add on more...why throw money down the drain? For me, it isn't the best financial decision to do it myself anymore. Why spend money on joining the NPC in order to compete, a custom suit to compete in and everything else if I don't bring my best package. I'm not saying that I'm expecting to win or even place, but I need to at least give myself the opportunity to TRY.

What was the last thing you have done for yourself? Is it time to treat yourself?

This post was fueled by a bangin' salad, water and Obstacle 1 by Interpol.

GIF
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Invest in yourself! You deserve it! Can't wait to see the trophy you bring home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary! I really, really want one!

      Delete
  2. i deff agree we all need to invest in ourselves! I have no kids.. but i would rather save and have a hard time treating myself sometimes! But i do help myself by buying good food and yoga classes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Yoga sounds like a nice treat! Buy yourself some new yoga pants too.

      Delete
  3. Investing in a personal trainer was one of the best things my mom ever did for herself. I wouldn't question it for a second.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm doing it! Now to find someone I "click" with. It's like dating all over again.

      Delete
  4. YOU totally deserve to do for yourself! I always say I don't understand how mom's do it all - so you deserve whatever you can treat yourself with... making yourself better & stronger on top of it? An even better incentive to do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes it helps to have other people's "permission" aaaaand I really NEED a trophy. Hehe.

      Delete