October 10, 2014

Tis the Seasonals {Beer Review}

My fridge and pantry are filled with pumpkin. From pumpkin butter to pumpkin yogurt, we have it. Some people call it basic, I call it a small piece of Heaven. Whatev's. My husband isn't the pumpkin lover that I am but he's really into craft beers and football. This is where our two worlds meet.

Tis the Seasonals {Beer Review} via Earl-Leigh Designs

Mike looks for Pumking every year around August because the bottles are usually sold out before November. You can still find it on tap but that doesn't help if you want to have it with turkey dinner. Pumking is an ale with notes of pumpkin pie spice. Because it doesn't have a lot of hops (I hate hops), the "drinkability" of this beer is high. Mike and I both like it and he's into stouts...or what I describe as bitter beers.

I mentioned having the Out of Your Gourd Pumpkin Porter from Redhook in the post about Mike's birthday. What I didn't realize during dinner, was that we had a pack of these guys at home chilling in the fridge. I kept going on and on about how it had such a familiar taste. Uh...duh! In my defense, the OYGP (my acronym for it) at the restaurant came from the tap. Beer tastes so much better the tap. Anywho. OYGP reminds me of pumpkin pie and molasses. Delicious. I already have visuals of this guy at Thanksgiving.

In my area, you can get a 6 pack of OYGP for the price of about 1 1/2 bottles of Pumking. Oh, did I forget to mention that Pumking comes in 22oz bottles? Dont worry, we split them around here. I thought about researching the nutritional information on the two brews but then said "eff it". It's beer. We all know that beer is not a recommended part of anyone's diet. It's about moderation, not deprivation. Cheers!

Who do you think has cuter packaging? Mike said I shouldn't list cuteness as a factor. 
What are you enjoying most about Fall?

This post was fueled by spinach, pasta and pumpkin coffee from Trader Joe's.

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I dont like beer, so I think cuteness should definitely be a factor. Ps cuz of u I watched gone girl and...laaawd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! My husband and I left out giving each other so much side!

      Delete
  2. Cuteness is always a factor for any fruity beer. That said, I want to try both and will be looking for them while shopping today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmm I love pumpkin beer! Blue Moon's Pumpkin Ale is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've said it before, I'll say it again. You have to try O'Fallons Pumpkin Ale. It will blow your mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am! I'm trying as many pumpkin beers as possible. Someone has to do it, why not me? ;)

      Delete