November 10, 2014

A Follow Up on Fall Goals and Pumpkin Spice Syrup {Recipe}

A few months ago (whoa time is flying), I posted my Fall goals. I'm proud to say that I've ticked most items off the list! Huzzah!

Fall Goals via Earl-Leigh Designs
We finally made it to the pumpkin farm this past weekend. Thank goodness for by-weeks because college football has been dictating our Saturdays. Boo!

Earl-Leigh Designs

Earl-Leigh Designs

Earl-Leigh Designs

The main person who grumbled about going to "take pictures in foliage" had a great time. I'm happy to report that he did not break the hobby horse. 

While these aren't the professional photos I had in mind, they're still frame-able so I'm counting these as family photos too. Score! Besides, we just sank $1500 into the car so the hubby doesn't see professional photos as a necessary expense at the moment. Even though I understand and agree with his logic, there was still a small part of me that was butthurt about the decision until this weekend. I'll remove the little guy to right of us before printing. Or maybe I'll leave the kid in the picture. He was hellbent on photobombing us. I have three to four pictures that show him getting closer and closer. Kids. 

Earl-Leigh Designs

This is one of Harper's new headbands that she thinks is "pwetty" but refuses to wear. She has some pretty stylish teddy bears now. My crafting slowed down last month because I was running out of space for my completed projects. Someone gave me the idea to just start decorating as I complete the items. Genius! I usually start putting up Christmas decor the day after Thanksgiving anyway.  

Pumpkin Spice Syrup via Earl-Leigh Designs

This may not be the healthiest but we're going to count this as one of my easy, healthy recipes. ;)

Ingredients:
1 c pumpkin puree
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice (I used a little more...obvisiously)
1/2 c water
Pure maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice to taste 

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan on medium heat. 
Bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes. 
Remove from heat.
Allow the syrup to cool to room temperature.
Store in a mason jar or a container that has a good seal.
Refrigerate for about 30 days. 

As far the skirt thing goes...yeah...we'll get back to that at a later date. Ha! 

How are you doing with your goal list?

This post was fueled coffee, a dark chocolate, nuts & sea salt KIND bar and Two Door Cinema Club (they're one of my faves).

Linked up at Melt in Your Mouth Mondays , Made by you Monday and Mama Moments.
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. I adore those photos and look perfect for framing! Can't wait to try that syrup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - just photoshop that kid out & you have a fantastic family pic!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the whole family had a great time at the pumpkin patch! And I'll be having a great time in the kitchen making that syrup! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a ball! I hope that you enjoy the syrup as much as we do!

      Delete
  4. Those pictures are great! Looks like you had a blast :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so fun. I love family outings!

      Delete
  5. Love your pictures! So much fall fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristen! Not pictured is a cup of hot apple cider...yum!

      Delete
  6. I need to start thinking of my 2015 goals. I mean, it's not too far away. I've been doing so well with my goals this year and from the looks of it, so have you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year has flown by or maybe the fact that we've been working on accomplishing goals it just feels that way. Good luck with your 2015 goal setting!!

      Delete
  7. Way to go on your goals! I find when I write down what I want to accomplish (actually been using my phone...Keep for lists and a calender) I get so much more done. I never quite accomplish everything because I usually try to cram too much in, but way more than if I just coasted through my day.
    Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! In the past, I would have unwritten goals that were never accomplished. It would just leave me frazzled (what was i supposed to do again?) so writing lists and keeping calendars is a great way to go!

      Delete
  8. This post makes me so happy. EVERY SINGLE PART OF IT! ANd the picture on the horse spring thing, ahahhaahah
    Love your post fuel--3 of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! He totally removed his own child from that horse so that he could have his picture taken. I'm not even kidding.

      Delete
  9. Love the pictures, I need to start really thinking about my 2015 goals since I've been slacking on this years

    ReplyDelete