November 3, 2014

Booty Pics and Prep Coaches

I'm finding that selecting a competition prep coach is like finding the perfect GYN. This is a relationship in which you're investing time and money so research is important. Because I have a long history of disordered eating, I'm trying to find someone who is going to have my best interest in mind.

There are a lot of competitors who get so wrapped up in placing that they forget about life after the sparkly bikinis and booty glue. They spend months eating 1200 calories worth of tilapia, brown rice and asparagus while doing hours of cardio and strength training a day. I've already had metabolic damage and I'm not hiring someone who's going to advise me to do things that will bring it back on. Or other old habits.

Besides, you have to be really comfortable with someone if they're going to get progress pics like:



I have a short list of competition prep coaches and one personal trainer that I would LOVE to work with. A prep coach can advise on training and aspects of competing like suit selection and posing. There are some trainers who have those skills too.

I'm hoping to have my decision made by the first of December so that we have enough time to come up with a plan of attack and tweak along the way.

Do you struggle with finding the "right" person for the job?

This post was fueled by chili and cornbread because they fit my macros! And a surprise! ;)

PIC 1/2
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you are looking for a prep-coach. That takes a lot to put yourself out there like that. What motivates you to take your fitness to this level?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went from admiring the look and dedication of fitness athletes. After a while of saying, "i wish"...I asked myself "why not?" I owe it to myself to at least try.

      Delete
  2. I can not imagine having to find a booty coach but whoever you find I'm sure they will be perfect for you. Get it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't even know where to begin to find a booty coach... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You learn something new everyday. :) Who would have thought of a booty coach. I need a coach to get me off my booty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finding the right prep coach is like finding the perfect trainer in general. You can get by with just about anyone, but you only thrive with the right one.
    And yeah, you might just need a gyno as a booty coach. Because they are already doing the exam, essentially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hhmmm...now you have me thinking about that gyn/booty coach combination. I like it.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on taking that next step! :)

    ReplyDelete