November 19, 2014

Moda VoxBox {All the Beauty Stuff}

I recently received my first Moda VoxBox from Influenster. It was filled with some free goodies for me to review and I took my time to really try the products before posting.




Thankfully, the smart folks at Influenster included a post card with all the products, their details and prices. When I watch or read reviews one of my main questions is always "great, but how much?"

Let's start with the Rimmel products:

Scandaleyes Rockin' Curves Mascara in the shade black: $5.49- $5.99- I'm a sucker for mascara and have been known to drop upwards of $27 for a tube. Don't judge me. I wear glasses and I want my peepers to look nice. This mascara is super black and goes on smoothly with one application. You don't have to worry about flaking or clumping. Admittedly, I may have neglected to remove this mascara on a few trips to the gym so I know that it is in fact waterproof. Oops! Because of the unique wand design, you can catch all of your lashes with little fussing.

Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in the shade Red Alert: $6.99- $7.49- This is Harper's favorite item from the box. The shade I was sent is super red and that almost made me not want to try it. I like a red lip but with the weather going from hot to cold randomly, my lips have been a little dry. This lipstick actually moistens your lips and leaves them soft. The color stays put for hours and that's good because I hate reapplying makeup.

Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lip Liner: $5.99- $6.49- The lip liner is clear. I'm putting that out there because I started playing with everything before reading the info card. When I got to the liner, I was like...


Britney gets me. It's basically a universal liner that you can use for any shade of lipstick. No feathering and all of the definition.

Moving on:

Puffs SoftPack: 1 pack for $.99- $2.49/ 3 pack for $4.99- $5.99- It's tissue. It's soft and doesn't leave behind tissue particles. We've used it for sniffly noses but this would be great for fixing makeup mistakes. Damn winged eyeliner.

Hair Food Moisture Mask: $14.99- I almost didn't try this product. I'm very picky about what I use in my hair. The bulk of my beauty budget for the month goes to keeping our hair clean and healthy. I have coily/kinky hair that sucks up moisture and because I workout often I like to condition it every other day. This hair mask is free of parabens and mineral oils which was the selling point for me. It has honey and apricot oil in it and that made my hair instantly hydrated while in the shower. You know that feeling when you're washing your hair and it's so soft you want to just pet yourself? Yeah, that happened. Not THAT kind of petting.


The scent is light and sweet in an expensive way. I like my hair to smell salon-ish and you get a playful take on that with this product.

Swiss Miss Simply Cocoa: $2.29- I have purchased a box since drinking my gifted cup of delightfulness. It's good.

Jergens Ultra Healing Extra Dry Skin Moisturizer: $5.99/ $6.99- Instant moisture that lasts. It's not one of those lotions that sits on your skin, it actually penetrates.

Resource Spring Water: $1.49- 100% Natural Spring water with electrolytes that are "naturally occuring". Love it. It's crisp and fresh and doesn't need any enhancements. Some waters need to be doctored with lemon or lime. The bottle is made from 50% recycled plastic and is 100% recyclable.

Have you tried anything new lately?
Is the ingredient list a factor when you're shopping for beauty products?

This post was fueled by Thanksgiving at work (om nom turkey) and Christmas music.

I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.

GIF 1/2
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Beauty products?? hmmmm, it it isn't shampoo or soap I honestly haven't bought any in a long time. I haven't done make up in forever. I wouldn't know what to do with all that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't purchased any new beauty products in ages, but I recently won some shampoo/conditioner/hair treatment stuff in a raffle, so I need to get onto trying em' out (after I finish the ones I currently have...).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hair food... that's a new one for me :)
    I try to stick to more natural products if I can...

    ReplyDelete