November 13, 2014

Negativity, Bodybuilding & a Puff

I will never understand why some people feel compelled to undermine or criticize another person's lifestyle choices. A YouTube vlogger that I follow posted pictures from her first bikini competition on her Facebook page this weekend and I was left shocked by some of the comments. She wears her hair in all of its natural glory (no chemical straightening treatments) and in the past that is what she mostly vlogged about. As with most people, her interests started branching into other things... for her its fitness and competing.  (She's even a certified personal trainer now! Yay for her!) At the competition, she chose to wear a straight wig...on the head...that is connected to her person. There was a good amount of cheering from followers but the jeers were just nasty and uncalled for. 

Just because a person chooses to do something out of their norm or Heaven forbid...the opposite of what you would do...it never gives you the right to call them a "sellout", "stereotype" or anything else derogatory. If seeing another person working towards their goals brings out the venom in you, it's time for some deep self-reflection. I'm just sayin'. 


On a lighter note, I know who I want to train me and I'm emailing her today! Cross your fingers and toes, please! 


Does the fear of potentially negative feedback ever stop you from posting to social media?

This post was fueled by a free coffee from Brugger's and Foo Fighters.

PIC
Photobucket


15 comments:

  1. Sadly - yes... negative comments mess me up - which is so stupid.
    I need more of the attitude of 'whatever' & not have fear of what anyone thinks...
    Glad you've reached out to someone you've decided on - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can both add that to our 2015 goal list. Pressing "send/post/publish" can be hard sometimes.

      Delete
  2. They say the more negative the comments, the more you are doing something right. You look amazing! Get it girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She looked incredible so I'm going to agree with you 100%!

      Delete
  3. OMG I LOVE THAT QUOTE - it couldn't be MORE TRUE - if it's alright I am going to share it right now! :D #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  4. At the end of the day, people are going to rain on any parade they can, just because they can. And because they have nothing better to do with their lives. Negative comments give me pause, they might even haunt me a little bit. But because I am at a place in my life where I know that I am on the good path, I silently give them the middle finger and go do whatever I was going to do anyway.
    You look awesome, btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on it. Some days I want to flip the actual bird though.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  5. PREACH!!! Earl-Leigh. I know the vlogger you are talking about and she looks great and it is amazing she shared her journey with us!!! Bump the naysayers...they can't even get a role in my movie. Keep up the great work with your workouts!!! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! I don't know her but I was so proud! She looks so happy and confident in her skin.

      Delete
  6. Great thoughtful post! It's so sad how many negative people are out there but you just have to keep doing your thing ❤ #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true, Amanda! Do you, boo! ;)

      Delete
  7. That quote is fabulous. I have found that since I started blogging that I have learned to be more open. People aren't going to read and follow you if you aren't being yourself. Great read! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete