November 5, 2014

WOW and The Ultimate Turkey Chili

When I picked up my phone this morning, I got a pretty awesome surprise! I'm the featured blogger for the Workout Wednesday Link Up (#WOWLinkUp) this week! YES.


Last Friday, I went to the "healthy" restaurant on campus to grab lunch because I did not have anything prepped. Big mistake. I have eaten at said restaurant on numerous occasions and have had the same meal. Whoever was working that day, needs to go back to their normal job because I was sick for days. I'm not going to get into details but it was rough. I did some light cardio over the weekend but not enough to overly exert myself.


The temperature finally dipped in South Carolina over the weekend so I made a batch of Jamie Eason's Three Bean Turkey Chili on Sunday. I found this recipe on bodybuilding.com when I was doing her Live Fit program during the 100K Transformation Challenge and we loved it! The dish is easy to prepare, relatively inexpensive to make and full of flavor. Jamie (yeah, we're friends in my head) is a Texan so her recipes are about health and taste. 

The chili makes 12 servings and the breakdown of calories and macros are: 196 calories, 1 g fat, 20 g carbs, 24 g of muscle building protein.  

Now that I'm back in good health, I'm excited for the week and the training schedule I have laid out. I plan to increase my weights today for back and biceps because I'm getting stronger. 


I was tagged by Kristen last night to post "what I'm doing now" while I was leaving the gym. Look at the Fall sky, y'all! That is God and all of his glory right there! I had a trying day at the office, a pretty good workout and walked out to THAT. My day/night got even better from there! We didn't do anything special but a random trip to the comic book shop on a weekday was a needed treat.



Two gratuitous photos from the gym last night. I did steady-state cardio on the stairmaster because I don't believe in only doing HIIT. I like to warm-up in the 60-90 step range. And yes, I'm still wearing makeup. I know, I know! One of these days I'm going to live my life right.

What is your favorite, simple Fall meal?

This post was fueled by coffee, pumpkin yogurt with granola and Frank Sinatra Christmas tunes.

Thanks to Michelle (awesome co-worker...the only one I speak to before coffee) I'm signed up to participate in the 100 Happy Days challenge because some days I need a reminder. I'm committed to posting a picture of something that makes me happy everyday...for 100 days! I chose Instagram as my platform of choice, duh, so you'll find the pictures there. Read more about 100 Happy Days to see if it is something you would like to be a part of.

GIF
Photobucket

30 comments:

  1. I am a huge fan of pot roast and baked chicken. I'm not a health foodie. I just eat what tastes good but pot roast is definitely up there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm looking for a pot roast recipe!

      Delete
  2. I'm going to have to check out that Turkey Chili recipe. Love that pic of the sky! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will not be disappointed! Its so good, my toddler ate it without fuss. Thank you for visiting!

      Delete
  3. I love making chili during the cold months. We're expecting a cold front and now I have an idea for dinner :). Good for you that you got in a workout. I didn't get one yesterday but I'll definitely hit the treadmill today for sure! Love the pic...that is some view. God is truly amazing, isn't he! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely make some chili! It was the best feeling ever to snuggle in a blanket with a bowl. I love Fall!

      Delete
  4. Soup soup soup. And vegetarian sloppy joes. I haven't made either of those in a really long time, actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to post a soup recipe for me!

      Delete
  5. I love soups and chili and stews. Something to keep me warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...I forget about stew every time! Great choices!

      Delete
  6. The turkey chili looks delish! It is that time of year now, I can't believe it! I just started following you on Instagram--hope you have fun with the 100 day challenge! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just followed you too! I love your race photo! I'm really looking forward to the 100 Happy Days. :)

      Delete
  7. Nooo... no Christmas tunes yet :)
    That sunset is gorgeous!!!!!!
    Glad you're feeling better. My stomach was having a fit this weekend myself - its not fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, yes! I'm all sorts of holly and jolly right now. ;)

      Delete
  8. Turkey chili is my favorite! Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why is it so good?! You have to try this one!

      Delete
  9. Mmmmmmm TURKEY CHILI ROCKS! :) I have to say my favorite simple fall meal- Roasted Butternut Squash and then some pre-cooked chicken from the grocery store, LOL! Easy and delicious ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! You just rocked my socks off! That's on my meal prep list for next week.

      Delete
  10. Soup! Any kind of soup. Fall is my total excuse to make big pots of soup (zuppa Toscana, minestrone, chili, tortilla) I am an equal opportunist. Keep up the good work at the gym!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to Google zuppa toscana. My eyes and mouth are watering now because it looks so good and simple. That made it to the list for sure!

      Delete
  11. I love pumpkin chili and tortilla soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the second person to recommend tortilla soup so its a "must try" now!

      Delete
  12. Such a great sunset! Loved that picture! Can't wait to see your 100 Happy Days too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you tagged me! I usually fly out of the gym and I'm not sure that I would've stopped to admire it. That would have been shameful.

      Delete
  13. Mmm I love chili and that looks awesome! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Jamie Eason and I make a mean turkey chili too! :-) One day you gon'a live right! LOL. #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then, you're right up there with Jamie in my book! ;)

      Delete
  15. My fave fall meal is my grandmother's brunswick stew...which of course I make lighter by using deer or turkey instead of beef and frozen veggies instead of canned...oooh now I am hungry :) #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete