November 26, 2014

You Get What You Ask For {Fitness}

I finally reached out to the trainer I wanted and got a "yes"! Who the heck takes on a new training program right before Thanksgiving? Is that what y'all are thinking? I questioned it myself so no offense would be taken. Ha! Accountability.

The program she has written out is intense but she wants to "push me". I need that. While I love bodybuilding.com and the training programs they have on their site I need someone to check-in with. Someone to help me figure out what works, what doesn't and how to fix little issues. I've even been more conscious of what goes into my mouth because this relationship goes both ways.

The last thing I want to do is ask for her help, have her set aside the time to write out schedules and then not pull my share. Nope!


On a typical day, there aren't very many ladies in the weight room at my gym. You see some of the guys smirk at lady lifters and some even look at which dumbbells you pick up to see how heavy you're lifting! Rude. After my first superset of shoulders and biceps, a guy actually stood beside and copied everything I did! He had no shame y'all. I don't blame him, the workouts are killer.

Don't worry, her identity will be revealed if I get permission...or if she outs herself.

Who/what gives you that extra push?
What are you eating for Thanksgiving?

This post was fueled by grapes (thank you again, Michelle), Billie Holiday and Starbucks! Speaking of which, don't forget to enter the Starbucks gift card giveaway!

Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. I admire your determination! I wish I had the same. I need to figure out how to get off my couch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of it is timing and finding something you're interested in. I never would have thought that bodybuilding would be my thing but I just fell in love. :)

      Delete
  2. I am with Devon! Especially in the winter, it is so hard to get out. I admire your determination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you get your workout clothes on, it makes it easier because you're already dressed. :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome! Best time to jump into something! Prevent the 10-15 lb winter layer from ever starting. I'm getting ready to start something too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yeah! We're putting on muscle this winter ;)

      Delete
  4. This makes me so, so happy. I am beyond proud of you for going out and getting it--you know what you want, you are willing to put in the work. And I LOVE that the dude was copying you! You are so badass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was hilarious but there's nothing worse than going to the gym without a plan. I was willing to share the wealth.

      Delete
  5. That's awesome! I'm way too chicken to work with a personal trainer....the one time I tried, she made me cry! Smh....show those guys how it's done!! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Mine would only make me cry from laughing too hard. Yikes!

      Delete
  6. Personal trainers are the best and they are worth the money to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL - so glad to hear I'm not the only one! I just started at a new gym Orange Theory Fitness 2 weeks ago. Glad to see you are determined too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Whoop whoop! We earn our turkey sandwiches. LOL

      Delete
  8. Way to go on your commitment! And for teaching the boys some lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool that you made the investment to work with a personal trainer! Definitely thinking about it! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think it's crazy to start a program before Thanksgiving! I actually did an 8 week online group fitness program last year and it was so fun. If you can get through the holidays staying on track, you'll do amazing come January! And DEFINITELY get your trainer to give her identity away!!!! I've been doing online fitness programs and it's really helped me enjoy the time I spend with my clients more. No more running around all over town and I get to work with awesome women all over the world. I bet she could do the same :) #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm hoping for her! Some people (like me) just need a plan and someone to help with accountability. I'm glad to hear that you've found a great group to work with! I'll let her know. :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, tell her, tell her!!! and write her a testimonial ;)

      Delete
  11. I think you will love the personal trainer and good luck with your goals #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete