December 3, 2014

Finding YOUR Fit

This post may come off as preachy but that isn't my intention. You've been warned. Ha! 

My wonderful trainer has me set up with a program that I can do from home or at the gym. Because we're at the point in the semester where we have back to back breaks, this was desperately needed. When the university is closed, the gym is closed. That is pretty much the only major con of my gym so I'll take it. I had most of last week off for Thanksgiving so the home plans were used except for one day because I had too much chest congestion and a slight fever. Boo!

I've heard a lot of women say that they would love to get in shape but they can't afford gym memberships or cant find the time to leave the house. I here ya girl and I'm here to offer my unsolicited opinion. 



I did most of my Jamie Eason Live Fit Trainer from home with dumbbells and resistance bands after Harper went to bed at night. What I "couldn't" do from home I did at the gym. If I had taken the time to examine the workouts and what areas of the body they targeted, I'm sure I would have been able to do all of it at home. Or I would've made up my own program that was comparable. At that point, I just wanted to jumpstart my weightlifting and for me...Jamie was the way to go. 

There are a lot of other programs through bodybuilding.com that you can do from home for FREE. My favorite price. Ha! If you are in a situation where you can and are willing to shell out money for a program like Insanity or Piyo...check out beachbody.com. I had great results with Insanity and loved Chalean Extreme until I got pregnant. I had a high risk pregnancy and wasn't able to complete the program. Y'all know that I'm a proud member of the Tone It Up community and there are free TIU workouts on their website and YouTube channel. Karena and Katrina also have exercise dvd's that are much cheaper than anything you'd get from beachbody.com. In most cases, the beachbody programs come with a nutrition guide to get you through the program of your choice successfully. With Tone It Up, there is a nutrition plan that you can purchase separately if you'd like. I got the nutrition plan for my birthday and love it! Karena and Katrina are constantly adding recipes so for me its worth the money. The nutrition plan aims to educate as well.


In a world where social media is booming, there are a large number of personal trainers who can offer online coaching. This is usually for someone (like me) who needs direction and accountability but doesn't want/need in-person guidance. The only "me time" I get is when I'm at the gym and I treasure that. You will want to make sure that the person is actually qualified, an excellent communicator and passionate. If they don't have philosophies that match your own...keep it moving. You also need to be willing to put in work. Don't waste your money or their time. 

Do you have any questions about Tone It Up, Live Fit or Insanity?
Are you trying to find your fit?
Do you have any advice for someone who may be trying to find their fit?

Congratulations, Susan!
a Rafflecopter giveaway

This post was fueled by water, a peanut butter and dark chocolate KIND bar and Jhene Aiko.

GIF
Photobucket

35 comments:

  1. Great reminder that there are no excuses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D I'm ready to go FB official when you are :D
    I am just so happy to be a part of this. And so proud of you. And so flattered. I once wrote a post for Heather of Fit N Cookies called "Finding the perfect training Program is like Finding the Perfect Pair of Jeans." Check it out. http://www.fitncookies.com/2014/07/31/guest-post-finding-a-training-program-is-like-finding-the-perfect-jeans/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaasss! I'm so happy we found each other. I really couldn't imagine going through this with someone else. You're my fitness lobster!

      Delete
  3. Third time this week I have read a post about someone who has benefited from working out. I think I'm being told something! Good post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! When that happens, it's like "I hear you universe." I love it when things speak to us.

      Delete
  4. Yes, my "me" time is running or working out too! You are so right that there are so many resources for working out from things like PiYo and T25 to free online youtube videos. It's great! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mamas need time to de-stress and work on themselves! You need energy to keep up with kiddos. Lots of energy!

      Delete
  5. I've done T25 and need to get back at it. This is great advice and really fantastic info! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched Mike do T25 and that made MY muscles sore. Haha!

      Thank you!

      Delete
  6. For someone trying to find your fit - look into classes - try them at least 3 times! I loved zumba and bootcamp and yoga by the third class. The first few classes were so intimidating! Also smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Go into it with a positive mindset! Great advice. :)

      Delete
  7. So true! When I was without a gym, I did a lot of youtube workouts and lived at my friend's dance studio for a while. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you had fun at the dance studio!

      Delete
  8. Very true. I have been slowly trying to get something done in a day. Sometimes I get it and others I don't. I will get the hang of it soon...I hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will! Little by little. Even with programs like Live Fit, you rarely start off exercising 6 days a week! You got this!

      Delete
  9. I love PiYo! I just started it a week ago and it's intense and amazing! But I agree some of their programs are pricey. Same problem I have with yoga- I'm an on again/off again yogi due to the insane cost of classes! But I do love it and try to go as much as possible. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great point! The classes can be very pricey. Sometimes, I'm lucky enough to learn of a free class.

      Delete
  10. I don't go to the gym either...I prefer working out in the comfort of my own home. I only have a treadmill and some weights and I got that roller for the abs (goes to show how much I know ;) ). I hitting my target areas and as long as I'm seeing the results...I'm good :). Also want to get my arms toned for a Christmas gift to myself :).

    Great post...not preachy at all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's all you really need for a home gym! All of the other stuff is just icing on the cake. I think that a lot of us get overwhelmed and think we have to have some state of the art facility.

      I'm glad to hear it wasn't preachy!

      Delete
  11. I tried the Fast Metabolism diet earlier this year for 8 weeks and lost 10 pounds. It totally works! But since then i've fallen off the good eating band wagon and pout 5 back on. :-( Need to start over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! 10 pounds in 8 weeks is awesome!

      Delete
  12. I prefer working out at home... you can do it in your PJ's ;)
    I love Beachbody workouts... may be expensive but you do get a good bang for your buck

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the old saying "Where there's a will there's a way" applies here. :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dog and I have started the C25K together - we are a pretty funny sight I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know i have said it before Jhene Aiko is the BUSINESS!!! I am able to afford a personal trainer so that is what I do because YES I need that extra push. I think we all do to a certain extent even the professionals. BUT to your point if you can't then there are a lot of FREE resources about available that can be used - you just have to be motivated and that comes from within. Great post and you did not come off too preachy to me. :-) #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her voice is phenomenal! She makes me forget that I wasn't blessed with a voice like hers because I have to sing along. Ha! Yes, motivation is KEY.

      Delete
  16. I've had a few friends do Jamie Eason's Live Fit Trainer, but they all went to the gym. I never tried it because I thought that you HAD to go to the gym. Totally starting it tomorrow now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. It's definitely easier at the gym because you don't have to think about any possible modifications but you can totally do it from home!

      Delete
  17. I am trying to find my fit! I love pilates but I tend to be-friend my trainers so we talk 1/2 of the time... Ugh! That being said, come 2015 I am stepping it up a NOTCH and hiring a personal trainer, it's timee! I work out every day a TONE but I need to get more toned. I am starting to feel a little SOFT and I remember when I was far more CUT! LETS DO IT 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2015 isn't ready for you, Gigi! Ha! Get it girl.

      Delete
  18. There's so many free resources out there...no excuse to not do something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Even if you just start out by walking.

      Delete