December 8, 2014

Harper's 2nd Birthday

We celebrated Harper's 2nd birthday on Saturday and boy did I eat my face off! I wanted a more scaled down event as compared to her 1st birthday. I did not want to cook for 50 people this time! We had a family only shindig with the grandparents, aunts, one cousin and Michelle with her two kiddos!

Because we had a smaller party and I wanted to keep it casual, chicken and waffles were on the menu. Michelle brought her awesome sausage dip and a fiesta ranch dip that I love! I was busy in the kitchen so I have zero pictures. I know! Bad blogger. I'm going to just ask everyone to forward pictures that they took of Harper's Pokemon party. Yes, my little girl likes Pokemon and Togepi is her favorite. Ha! We aren't raising her to think she can only like "pink and frilly" and that drives her traditional grandparents nuts.


Michelle was able to capture a picture before Harper (with some assistance) cut her cake. She didn't want to sit still so her body is blurry. Half of our pictures look like this now! Ha!

Mike and I will celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary this Friday so I'm going to need to really keep my nutrition in check until then. I want to indulge a little that night. Moderation.

Are you able to stop and capture the moment?
What's your go-to dinner party appetizer?

This post was fueled by Starbucks, The Neighbourhood and a ham & cheese sandwich. Fancy! ;)

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I have a lot of blurry photos too but one of the advantages to having a photographer for a husband and once having aspirations of being a photographer myself - we are just slightly better at the documentation, but not much and certainly not when they were little :)

    I love Tastefully Simple for dips - all dips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check them out! I hardly ever think to make dips but they always seem to be a hit at gatherings.

      Delete
  2. I think it's good to enjoy the moment sometimes rather than worry about capturing it. :) My kid photos are often blurry too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true! These moments are so precious.

      Delete
  3. LOL love the last line! I know how hard it is to host a party. Sounds like it was hit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You standing there with a knife is the best part of the picture :)
    I always try to tell people to hire photographers for birthday parties just so you don't have to worry about picture taking on top of EVERYTHING else mom's have to do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yeah, this won't be my Facebook profile pic. ;)

      Delete
  5. ZERO PICTURES??? Just kidding, I totally understand. That was why it was amazing to have a photographer for our wedding. I've since decided that every event should have a photographer for just the reason that you described--being in the moment and not living it through the camera lens. I'm so glad that you not only went through the effort but truly threw yourself into it!

    ReplyDelete