December 11, 2014

Meet the Trainer and Yoga

We're making it "Facebook official"! I get to name the trainer and I would love to do some huge buildup about how awesome, funny, smart and hot she is BUT I'm too excited. ;)

It's my girl Susie of Suzlyfe! Before she sent me the first wave of workouts, I was like "yes, she's my blog buddy. This is gonna be awesome"!  When I opened the email containing routines for my first two weeks my jaw dropped. She was not messing around. Love it! My immediate response to her was that I was scared. There were words like "burpees", "yoga" and "Pilates". I'm one of the most uncoordinated brown chicks you'll ever meet so I'm hoping that her guidance and lots of practice will make me a yogi.

For the past two and half weeks, I have been busting my booty in the gym and I am starting to see some results already! I'm getting leaner and this is including Thanksgiving, respiratory gunk and Harper's birthday party featuring chicken and waffles.


Have you ever practiced yoga?
Do you have any tips?

This post was fueled by coffee and the smell of spicy bok choy roasting in the oven.

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Lesson learned by me - don't try to over-do it with yoga. You can pull something - which is what I did. But I do enjoy it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yoga and have fallen off. The best advice is use a mat at home too. I thought it was silly, I have a rug, but the sticky mat makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay! I was wondering if using a mat was actually beneficial or just a cute perk.

      Delete
  3. I was going to out you on Monday! I saw the pics from yesterday and literally almost peed myself. I am just so proud of you. You are trying something new, shaking things up, but you know what? That is how we change ourselves and our body. But as I have said once, and will say again, as with all of your exercises, listen to your body! You look and, most importantly, are, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm having so much fun with this and seriously couldn't imagine having someone else helping me! Thank you for giving me fiyah!

      Delete
  4. I wish I practiced yoga more. I'm so stiff & tense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! The only yoga I have done is on the Wii...;) It looks like a nice way to work out though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this. I did yoga in college on fridays but it was total beginner. I would love to take more classes. I am so proud of you. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol I've been doing yoga for a few months now and I STILL look like that gif. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete