January 6, 2015

2015 Goals {Health/Fitness & Blogging}

2015 Goals via Earl-Leigh Designs
One way to reach your goals is to write them down. I like to post mine for extra accountability. It tickles me to no end when I get a reminder from one of you ladies to post an update. Thank you for that! There were a few times last year where I just wanted to eat a pint of ice cream, rub my tummy and watch Netflix but one of those reminders would come just in time. Not that I don't enjoy that scenario! Haha! Moderation. Because I have a lot of smaller goals to help get me to my ultimate goal of creating a life that I love, I'm only going to post a few for now.


1. Continue to practice yoga and end the year with at least one handstand push-up. 
2. Get into competition shape.
3. Compete in the bikini division of an NPC show! The Palmetto Classic is one of the annual bodybuilding competitions held in South Carolina, Charleston to be exact, and I would really like my first show to be drive-able to cut down on expenses.  
4. Safely reverse to a weight that is easier to maintain post-competition. 
5. Actively participate in a local running group. 
6. Work on MY happy. 
7. Continue experimenting with food.

1. Consistency. 
2. Invest in lighting and backdrops for tutorials and vlogs. I've made a few projects but my apartment has the absolute worst lighting so photographs don't come out the way I'd like. 
3. Buy a new camera. 
4. Establish a schedule for posting, commenting on other blogs and sharing via social media. 

What are your goals for the new year?
Do you have any goals that build on each other?

This post was fueled by coffee, oatmeal and the sweet sound of a lawn mower.

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Lawn mower?!??! Ours makes it appearance again in April.. March if I'm lucky.
    Find MY happy.. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolina weather is crazy. It was 70 degrees on Sunday and 36 today, our poor grass doesn't know what to do! LOL

      Delete
  2. I would trade the lawn mower for the smell of sweet, freshly mown grass... did that come with it? This response is fueled by coffee and oats, so I am right there with you!

    I am so, so excited for you with all your goals, but especially health/fitness #6. You have so much happy within you, so much in your life, and so much yet to discover. I know how much you are capable of--you are one gorgeous piece of brown fabulosity (which we all know I mean with the greatest love and affection). And the fact that you are really taking this yoga practice so seriously just freaking makes me want to skip like a loony down the hall. That you want to run (something that you told me you DIDN'T LIKE and wanted me to kinda stay away from)? SHAZAAM. That is what we call a woman in bloom. Taking on challenges, trying things out, and working towards the dream. You better believe I am taking notice of this for your training!

    Last thing: Remember how you were "scared" (but excited) when I gave you that plan 1.5 months ago?
    Look at you now. In 1.5 months. Think of where you will be by March. And then April. And then your competition.

    ALL THE LOVE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tear. I really do have you to thank for a lot of the changes. I have a new fire. The desire to be fit and healthy was there before but I kinda feel like I was just going through the motions. Every training session, I push myself like never before.

      Yoga?! That was something I never seriously committed myself to. I love how challenging it is...even when I face-plant lol. I especially love the fact that Harper is excited to try the poses. I can't wait to watch her progress! Our kids "learn more from our actions" so I am over the moon to see her mimic healthy behaviors.

      Delete
  3. That's awesome! :D I love your fitness goals, and best of luck to you on your show! I'll be sending good thoughts your way! You're gonna be awesome! <3

    The sound of a lawnmower, hahaha...I would not be able to describe that as sweet. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Lawn mowers remind me of Summer but yeah that sound can be a little annoying!

      Thank you! I'm going to hang onto every positive vibe!

      Delete
  4. These are great goals! Bodybuilding competitions sound so intense! I can relate about needing better lighting in my place...I really want to make better photos on my blog this year! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let's make this the year of awesome blog photography!

      Delete
  5. A competition sounds like a great BIG goal. Hats off to you and the very best of luck with it. I hope you enjoy the journey to get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...my husband thinks I'm crazy. Haha! Shoot for the stars, right?!

      Delete
  6. Earl-Leigh I am so excited about your competition. WHEN is it? I absolutely love Charleston but it is burning up hot down there at times. LOL. Good luck on your competition and I can't wait to see/read all about your updates. #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I'm beyond excited (and nervous) too! The competition I'm aiming for is the first week of May. Thankfully, my favorite foodie holidays have come and gone. ;)

      Delete
  7. What a great goal and I give it to you on trying to compete, because that requires a lot of work and discipline. I would n't have the guts to do it. #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm giving myself daily pep talks because I'm nervous...but 2015 is my year of "dream it, do it".

      Delete